Asus
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am coming from a previously working setup using Lion

I'm on a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 motherboard with a GV-R6850C-1GD Video Card. I have successfully created my unibeast usb stick in Lion as well. The installation gets past the apple logo and white spinning wheels , the screen flashes and gets to a point where its a blank white screen and a mouse pointer (which I can't move via my magic touch pad). Nothing pops up after this, I've let it sit for over 10 mins to be sure.

I've read others mention something about the 6xxx cards and the install not working, but it seemed most folks were having trouble getting as far as I did, plus I don't have any built in video to try.

Any pointers? I'm not a total novice here but it has been over a year since I've done any OS installation on this hackintosh.

*EDIT
I guess I didn't read some of the other posts fully, renaming the ATI Kext seemed to do the trick.

I guess I didn't read some of the other posts fully, renaming the ATI Kext seemed to do the trick.

Make sure you save a clean copy of the ATI file and then put it back into the S/L/E folder after the install. I give a detailed explanation why in my build guide along with credit for the originator of the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back