Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I have the same situation also and I can get around it by using UniBeast to boot into safemode. i.e. boot into Chimera, type -x and select my Mountain Lion installed disk.

However when I boot directly from the hard disk or from Chimera without typing -x my system, like above, hangs at a grey screen with the multi-coloured pinwheel. It sits there for an hour or so and then freezes up entirely.
This happens using both my onboard graphics and my Radeon 6550 card.
Has anyone encountered this and solved it?

I have exactly the same problem with you. Have you managed to sort it out yet?

im new to hackintosh :D and im just wondering if i need to have snow leopard on the system first and then upgrade to mountain lion or if i can just start with mountain lion

If you don't have a working Mac or Hack to run UniBeast then yes.

Could you, please, elaborate? You probably mean "to create the Unibeast USB" - because you RUN Unibeast on the PC you want to turn into a Hackintosh. Right?

I know this is older thread but it may help someone. I would try installing to a HDD internal or usb external HDD then use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the installation to your SSD. I have used this method when the installer cannot see the drive in disk utility.

Also, what I found searching the forums via google search, That your SSD may need a FIRMWARE update for MACs. check with the SSD company or google search "name" SSD firmware update for MAC.
This helped me see the ssd at the disk utility. but now i'm stuck with a new issue (as of March 20 2013) I restart my machine and see the Chimera screen and two options USB & Lion. The directions say choose Lion and it should boot to get to a "desktop screen" to then utilize Multibeast to optimize the system. My issue is that when I choose Lion the screen flashes white then machine reboots back to Chimera screen. I'll have to attempt later... off to school.. :banghead:

I am trying to install Mountain Lion 10.8.3 From 3-4 Days and it shows system nanoseconds error.

Here is my pc configuration :

Motherboard : DX58SO
Processor : i7 950
Graphics Card : AMD Radeon 7970
RAM : 8GB
HDD : 3 Each 1 TB

When i done installation i boot using -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No and then install Ethernet Driver from multibeast then install fakeSMC. But after everything install my graphics card not work. So i have read article about this there i read you can push shutdown button and after sleep press again. I did but nothing happened. I install SleepEnabler.kext and i boot again it show me nanosecond error.

Please help me how do i install Graphics Driver for this and my boot also not working it showing boot0 : done and encrypted text.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i have an MSI GE60 laptop with SSD on it. Is there any difference or will it be a problem installing Mountain Lion to an SSD? Thanks.

Could you, please, elaborate? You probably mean "to create the Unibeast USB" - because you RUN Unibeast on the PC you want to turn into a Hackintosh. Right?

no you run unibeast on a Intel Mac, (can be a hackintosh you own already) but it will need to able to run ML, (right proc etc) so you can buy ML with the Appstore on this mac/hackintosh, you then "Build" the Unibeast USB stick by running Unibeast while ML is in your apps folder, when your done you have a bootable recovery/install USB stick thats is your "Unibeast USB stick" that you then boot your intended new ML hackintosh PC from and install ML on it, after this install boot from the usb stick into the HD install and download Mulitbeast then apply that,

Hey, I am running on a GA-z77-DS3H and when i load off the boot stick for the first time, it gets to the white screen with the apple and the little spinning load bar, but it just keeps doing that, it doesn't load to the installation screen where can i open the disk utility and create the mountain lion partition, any help would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back