Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've just installed unibeast osx it started well but after installed multibeast I've got a white screen after the boot, after apple logo. Anyone could help? I don't have so much time I just want to use osx instead of win7. Thank you.
Hardware:
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i7-3770K, 3800 MHz (38 x 100)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH-CF
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2048 MB)

Upgrading directly from 10.6.8 (applied Apple Security Update via software update) ... purchased Mountain Lion from app store, ran unibeast, made my USB stick. Booted ran install (ok up to here). Boot after install is a problem. Booting from USB (even with graphics injection turned off and variations of all the supplied boot parameters) just boots to a black screen. Booting from hard drive yields a one liner from the boot loader "Can't Find". Using -v logs about 5 lines but they disappear too quickly to read them (< 1 sec).

I've managed to get back at least to the USB installer by doing this:

1) plug the USB stick into a different machine
2) install the latest Chimera on the USB stic
3) install the drivers & bootloaders (hell, all of them why not?) via Multibeast to the USB
4) restart machine, boot from USB

This hack at least allowed me to get back into the installer and restore from timemachine.
I presume I just need to get the thing to boot enough to run multibeast against the hard disk but damn if I can figure it out.

Anyone have a clue to share?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I'm still dorking with the installer. Hoping my USB installer hack gets all the drivers I need to boot into Mountain Lion and run the MultiBeast against the hard disk. Will update comment if it works

This did not work. However, time machine restore did.
Anyone know what the deal is?

I got Mountain Lion working with this guide and an Asus P5B-MX motherboard. This motherboard is special because it doesn't have AHCI as an option in BIOS. The install was painless. I had to install the Atheros L1 Gigabit Driver from a separate site, but I didn't need to input anything upon boot into the usb install, or the initial boot from the hard drive. The graphics are a bit bland, but a video card will help out a lot. Here are the specs of the build.

Asus P5B-MX
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
2GB Kingston Ram (1GBx2) 800mhz
Seagate 250GB SATA II HD
250watt power supply (generic brand)
HP Case
PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse

On a side note, Windows 7 kept blue screening with this setup beforehand. Thanks for the nice guide!

Hi. I've just installed unibeast osx it started well but after installed multibeast I've got a white screen after the boot, after apple logo. Anyone could help? I don't have so much time I just want to use osx instead of win7. Thank you.
Hardware:
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i7-3770K, 3800 MHz (38 x 100)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH-CF
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2048 MB)

SORTED! :) I just typed in on the boot screen: GraphicsEnabler=No, and that sort the problem out. I am not getting it as I have a working monitor that means video cars is working. That's enough for me :)
Thanks for anyone who create this fantastic opportunity !!!

Is it working on AMD CPUs ? I've got the amd phenom II x4 BE and i will install OSX Mountain Lion

Is it working on AMD CPUs ? I've got the amd phenom II x4 BE and i will install OSX Mountain Lion

It quite clearly only works with compatible Intel CPUs

Rules said:
AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.

Adrian B

So I decided to try this and I get stuck at Apple Logo screen (turns into black and nothing happends afterwords). My issue is how do you type the equal sign ( = ) in the sentence? My button which is supposed to give me this turns out to show figure 0, for example, PCIRootUID"0"0 instead of =. I've tried holding shift but then it shows an underscore sign instead..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back