Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

if i using the above method to boot my 8GB USB and i install in windows 8, then windows 8 will remain in my Pc or it remove?
This is because i want to remain windows 8 in pc
Please reply

It doesn't remove anything. I would advise you to look up on dual-boot with Hackintosh and Windows. It's fairly easy! Boot from the Hackintosh partition, or better - hard drive, and have it start the hidden "system" partition of Windows (it contains Windows' boot loader).

If you want to remove the hackintosh installation later, just remove that partition, and set the Windows system partition to boot again (use a linux boot DVD or similar).

Upgrade from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 success. Select "Update" from App Store - ask for "reboot" - then started installing - finished installing - Restarted itself - Login - Done.
Display & sound - all good

My configuration
MOBO : Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3
Socket 1155

CPU - i5 Sandy Bridge
RAM : 2 x 4GB DDR3
VGA: XFX GEFORCE GTS 250 1GB DDR3

hi! this may sound a bit stupid but i do not have an option to download unibeast mountain lion but only unibeast with the link provided to download the softwares
thx for all the help :)

It says: Mac OS X can not startup from this disk
What should I do?

Hi guys I am now running a hackintosh successfully for 2 years in snow leopard and would like to upgrade to mountain lion... It would be great if u can guide me through...
Below is my configuration:

500 GB Seagate sata [ for the OSX ] & 1 TB HDD SATA hitachi for data

INTEL CORE i - 7 2600K PROCESSOR

Z68 XP UD4 ,Gigabyte motherboard

DDR 3 RAM 8 GB * [ 4 gb X 2 NOS ] Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz

DVD WRITER LG 925

ATX TM 690 MULTICOOLER CABINET Cooler master

SMPS GS 600 W

GRAPHICS CARD asus Nvidia Geforce 460- 1 GB DDR 5

Looking forward for ur guidance.

Cheers,
Arjoon

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

hi! this may sound a bit stupid but i do not have an option to download unibeast mountain lion but only unibeast with the link provided to download the softwares
thx for all the help :)
Did you bother to read the UniBeast 2.0 announcement?

hey can anybody help me to install mac osx 10.8.2 on my pc my board is intel dg 41 rq and processor is penium dualcore E5400 2.7 ghz and hava graphics card ATI XFX hd4350 1 gb

Hello Guys, I need your help to get this right the first time.

It's my first time making a hackintosh and this community has been great. I am now on the process of making an USB boot drive and I am stuck on 'Custom install to "USB"'. Instead of having only a "legacy USB support" and "Laptop support" it has additional two options which are "Mac App store lion 10.7" and "Mac App store Mountain lion 10.8". What I'm using to make a USB boot drive is an Macbook Air that originally comes with Lion and later upgraded to ML.

The hackintosh that I'm building has GA H77N Wifi motherboard, Intel i7-3770, no graphics card as of the moment.

What option should I choose?

Update:

I chose Legacy Support per the instruction of Unibeast Troubleshooting Notes thread. And instead of getting 10 - 15 minutes wait time, the installation finished in a matter of seconds. Is this right?

Not content with it, I tried to install "Mac App Store Mountain Lion 10.8" after the installation of "Legacy USB Support" and it said the installation failed. I formatted the USB again and installed "Legacy USB Support" finished in a matter of seconds and I stayed there.

Is this normal?

Update:

I inspected the volume and it says 35.3 MB used out of the 8GB UsB capacity.

Pls Help me on my mac book pro i does not boot it shows only a white screen and a folder marked a question mark blinking i don't what to do pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back