Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading around and i'm still a little confused as to what version of OS X i should start with my system.
I am going to build the higher model of the Mac Pro from March's Buyers guide.

The part i am confused about is if i have the UEFI system do i need to start on a lower version of OS X (Mountain Lion)
or is it ok now to dive right into Mavericks ?

Any insight it greatly appreciated, i'm extremely excited to build my first hackintosh :)

Cheers,
Justin

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I have been reading around and i'm still a little confused as to what version of OS X i should start with my system.

The part i am confused about is if i have the UEFI system do i need to start on a lower version of OS X (Mountain Lion)

Any insight it greatly appreciated, i'm extremely excited to build my first hackintosh :)

Cheers,
Justin

Your fine to start with the current mavericks version avaialble from the MAS

Cheers,
Justin
Unless you have a running Mac you will need to start with Snow Leopard.

Unless you have a running Mac you will need to start with Snow Leopard.

I do have a running mac and i have already made the UniBeast Mavericks Jump Drive.
I've found a few good walkthroughs for my board specific like This One

really stupid question. but after making the boot disk with unibeast. Is the file in the usb drive suppose to be 20mb or are the files hidden?

- - - Updated - - -

really stupid question. but after making the boot disk with unibeast. Is the file in the usb drive suppose to be 20mb or are the files hidden?

- - - Updated - - -

The size of OS X should be about 5-6 GB not 20mb. You might want to recreate that USB.

The size of OS X should be about 5-6 GB not 20mb. You might want to recreate that USB.

Looks like I'm good then. Seems like the files are hidden. The 20mb is the only visible file on the drive
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r397crlk7i90nnm/Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 1.18.46 PM.png

Edit: I should Probably ask this now. I plan on have a GPU (GTX 680) on my build. Should I have the GPU installed during OSX installation or just go with the integrated card then install the GPU?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. 5Gb+

FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH THE WONDERFUL BLACK SCREEN AFTER THE APPLE LOGO WHILE TRYING TO INSTALL FROM MOUNTAIN LION...

I searched forum after forum on here looking for the combo that worked for me. I tried all the reccommendations -v, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, etc...

Here is what worked for me ---> GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 at the boot menu.

Hope this saves someone a ton of time.. Once Install happened it worked like a charm! TonyMacx86 you guys are the bomb!

If you had listed your hardware this might have been useful for someone but as you haven't it doesn't really help other than trying various combinations of boot flags.

thankyou so much for making this easier. I was really stressed with iBoot and this was the simplest install I've ever had!!! thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back