Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Try using vodooh if u don't know the audio ID if u do try installing it with no DSDT choice

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Success up until reboot after install. Unibeast booted flawlessly using no flags and installed with no problem. After rebooting I have nothing but a black screen turning to standby after the apple logo. I even typed my password and pressed enter, and hard drive activity began as if I had logged on, but still only a black screen appears. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, and -x all with no avail. I have a ga-z68x-ud3h-b3, Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850, and i5 2500k.

Any suggestions? :banghead:

Edit: problem solved using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=0.

worked great i have a really stable hackintosh thanks to your buying guide and software. i'm def. making a donation thanks a lot for all your hard work!!

Dell XPS M1530 Laptop success!

I did a fresh install with the boot flags PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Make sure and change the bios to AHCI and you're good.

Success!!!!! I finally made it, thanks to you guys! I updated my working 10.8.5 version with 10.9.
Here are my specs:
gigabyte ga-ep-41-udl3 (rev1.0)
Cpu: QX6700
Vga: GTX260

I encoutered the black screen at first but solved by adding the following flags on my org.chameleon.Boot.plist on my maverick's USB installation disk:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Leave any other strings unchanged. Also because of some lock up errors i used the VoodooTSCSync.Kext placed on USB /Extra/Extensions.
Voila! I now have a fully working 10.9 install i didn't add any drivers in post installation with multi beast, only boot loader
Thanks again!

Just finished updating from 10.8.4 to 10.9 on my P8Z77-V-LK MOBO based Hack. To get the install to work I had to use the '-x' flag, after that I had to use it once again to boot into Mavericks and run MultiBeast.

Currently everything works with the exception of the non-intel managed USB ports, none of these work. I tried the Universal USB driver with no joy.

Any one else have this problem?

MOBO = P8Z77-V-LK

UPDATE: Never mind, I was playing with the install (updating iTunes), rebooted and the whole thing went insane. I did this install over the old 10.8.4 installation so I'm going to do a fresh install on another disk.
I will provide and update.

UPDATE II: Ok, just finished doing a fresh install on an SSD using this guide and all went well. Updated iTunes without a hitch.
Still having an issue with the Non Intel USB 3.0 ports, Asmedia, no longer work. With 10.8.4 the Universal USB 3.0 selection in MB fixed this. Without the Uni. USB 3.0 MB installation none of the USB ports work.

System Info:
P8Z77-V-LK
i5-3570 K
EVGA GTX-660 ti
32 Gig 1600 RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back