Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I have the same doubt. Did you try to install it without changes?

I did a clean install of 10.9 on a GA-Z87N-WIFI and HD 4600 and followed the guide - after the second try to install audio - it is working now.

Now I was swapping back my HD Radeon 6850 -which worked nicely in 10.8.5- and it shows up as HD Radeion 6xxxx and e.g. Maps is having "phantom pixels"

Any advice?

I had no problems in upgrading to 10.9 (MB GIGABYTE GA-H61N-USB3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 CPU i5 ivy). However I had a big problem with iMessage FaceTime and Apple Store. The usual problem: I could not sign in. I tried all that it's written but then, well, I solved in this way:

1. Download EFIStudio-1.1
2. Extract and launch EFIStudio-1.1 App
3. Select Ethernet from the Select Device: drop down.
4. Click Add Device, the Editor will be displayed.
5. Now open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file located in /Extra directory with TextEdit.
6. at the end, you can see something like this
</dict>
</plist>
7. now add<key>device-properties</key>
<string>key will come here</string>
before
</dict>
</plist>
8. switch to EFI Studio and from the Editor window click the Hex String to Clipboard button.
9. replace “key will come here” with copied value
10. re-boot and you can now access app store and other apps without any problems

Anyone who installed 10.9 over 10.7.5? Or better update first to 10.8?

I downloaded Mavericks on my computer and just over wrote my 10.5.5 installation. Did the Multibeast 6.0 to get my sound back. I gotta tell ya this was the easiest upgrade I have ever done. With Tonymacs help of course. The system is fast smooth and beautiful. It feels just like my real Mac at work. Except mine at home is way more powerful.

Intell I 7 2600k
Gigabyte Z68-UB3-F10
AMDHD Radeon 6870
Intel 120 Gig SATA
6 other Western Digital

I have windows 7 on my laptop currently. If i follow all the steps, will i lose my windows 7 and end up with Mavericks only?

I have windows 7 on my laptop currently. If i follow all the steps, will i lose my windows 7 and end up with Mavericks only?
Yes, OS X can only be installed on a GPT formatted disk which will require a reinstallation of Windows.

Just a reminder- we've switched up the default boot flags to GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes. You may need to use alternate flags at the boot screen.

If you have a UEFI based system, such as Gigabyte Z77 and Z87,

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

may be needed for NVIDIA 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 5xx graphics cards to boot the installer.

If you have an older Award BIOS, such as Gigabyte P55 or Z68,

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

may be necessary with NVIDIA 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 5xx graphics cards to boot the installer.
ok thank you flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 not problem:headbang:

Can't boot the installation with my GTX560Ti SOC or GT240 SilentCell. After the Apple logo the monitor just go to sleep and i tried all boot flags.
Now tried with my old HD4850 and the installation start with no problem just with GraphicEnabler=Yes, but when installed the system and all drivers etc with multi beast, can't boot the system with that HD4850. Reinstalled booth Nvidia cards, the GTX560 and GT240 and the system work without problems.
Weird thing.

What if you can't access the Mac Store...still? Any other solutions???

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

I had to remove my nVidia GeForce 9400 Gt 1Gb to get to the installer. Luckily it worked just fine when I finally instaled Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back