Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Nice straightforward install for me on P7P55D E-Pro - had to use GraphicsEnabler=YES. New multibeast save and print features are great!

Currently installing on GA-H61M-USB30-B3 - had to used GraphicsEnabler=YES PCIRootUID=1 to get to install screen.

Thanks for the great work TonyMacX86!

Edit: GA-H61M-USB30-B3 is now running - bit more tricky! Used GraphicsEnabler=YES PCIRootUID=1, all installed fine, multibeast with DSDT and alc889 audio, plus adding graphics enabler etc to avoid needing boot flags, but audio wouldn't work. I deleted all audio Kexts (hda enabler and the 889 one), and repaired permissions and bizarrely, audio worked. Then I've had a few crashes, no KP, just unresponsive and frozen, so I decided to clone the drive, wipe it and do a clean install (previously I updated over 10.8.4). Installed as before (using the new save and load feature in multibeast), but left audio off - obviously ended up with no audio. Rebooted, installed 889 & HDAEnabler with DSDT free option - all works. Then just used migration assistant to get my user back from the cloned drive.
Has crashed again once in the same manner, but from console output it looks as if it may be a Plex issue.

Thanks again tony macx! Great guide and tools - it's just getting easier every time!

Edit 2: Finally solved the crashing - removed the Ethernet kext that I installed with multibeast (which on paper should be fine with the ar8151 for my board), and replaced with atherosL1c kext. Seems to have fixed the problem (for now). Realised that all the crashes occurred at high network usage times, so it could only be Ethernet issue really..

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

are you talking about amd 6800's line? im using 6850 right now without any issues at all from leopard to ML, preparing to install mavs now. i have quadcore intel and gigabyte 775 mobo. all works perfect except my webcam bec its not supported

Success; machine specs in profile.

Map app seems to be kind of funky; display all goofed on first launch, then a re-launch it seems to clear up. Weird. Still can't play protected HD iTunes content on local 30" Cinema Display. Graphics card is named correctly. Had to clear up the Boot0 error and remove the network adapters and plist to get App store login working. Other than that, pretty smooth sailing on this upgrade.

Hats off to the mods and Tony.

Update my actual Mountain Lion, reboot and only boot with -x. Multibeast audio ALC898, trim, intel network.
With overclock the system lockup. Remove PStates and CStates and overclock works.
iMessage works with FileNVRAM.dylib in extra/modules

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H, i7 4770K OC 4.5 GHZ, 16 GB Patriot Viper, GTX680.

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

I have the same doubt. Did you try to install it without changes?

Does any one have any problems with the keyboard type not being recognised in Mavericks?
Mine is not recognised i use apples wireless keyboard and have even tested an usb keyboard and same problem there.

My problem is that the layout is wrong.
Everything else works perfect :)

I have GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 whit an I5 2500k and radeon HD6870.

Thx guys for this awesome work.

Success; machine specs in profile.

Map app seems to be kind of funky; display all goofed on first launch, then a re-launch it seems to clear up. Weird. Still can't play protected HD iTunes content on local 30" Cinema Display. Graphics card is named correctly. Had to clear up the Boot0 error and remove the network adapters and plist to get App store login working. Other than that, pretty smooth sailing on this upgrade.

Hats off to the mods and Tony.

My Maps behaves exactly the same way too, relaunch and wait and keeps clicking on it only it will launch properly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 10.54.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 10.54.02 PM.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 12.25.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 12.25.45 PM.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 96

So can i install this as a dualboot on a laptop with pre-installed win 8? i mean without deleting win 8, intalling osx and then installing win 8 again as second os (because i havo no cd or product key, it was pre-installed). Would be pretty awesome :)
No, you must erase Windows first to install OS X and then reinstall.

Wow that was the most painless update EVER!!! This is a fantastic walkthrough... and I really love the updates to Multibeast! Thank you so much, outstanding job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back