Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by burger
+1 for USB 3.0 not working on the GA-Z77x-UD5H. Not sure about trim support, really don't even know what that does or if it's working.

Same for GA-Z77x-UD4H, before and after installing GenericUSBXHCI v1.2.6 via MultiBeast 3.0. BIOS is F7.

I reverted to BIOS version F5 and USB 3.0 seems to be working again.

I also set BIOS to "Peripherals > XHCI Mode: Auto" in F5 where I had "Peripherals > XHCI Mode: Disabled" in F7, so also possible this was the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant install unibeast in usb
i try do it but aperas error in installation
what can i do??
(sorry for my english)

Maverick 10.9 Gigabyte Z77 DS3H 100% Success!!!

This is my first build which has taken around 15 man hours. This is my build story to date;

Specs Gigabyte Z77 DS3H - Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K - ASUS NVidia 650 TI Boost - TP-Link TG-3468 PCI LAN card

Step 1) Install Snow Leopard, no audio, no Ethernet
Step 2) Install Multibeast drivers (but they didn't work or where missing for my motherboard)
Step 3) Can only boot from CD not hard drive, install USB Ethernet, Got internet but cant login to APP store to get OS upgrade because Apple doesn't like my (USB) Ethernet card.
Step 4) Decide to start over again from scratch but this time I disable on-board LAN in the BIOS and install TG-3468 PCI card.
Step 5) Snow Leopard installs, cant boot off hdd only CD, No audio but internet is ok and I can now login to the App store ok
Step 6) Download Maverick
Step 7) Follow the instructions from this site on how to install Maverick
Step 8) Add audio and Realtek LAN driver via multi-beast install Non DSTS build
Step 9) Celebrate having a working OSX 10.9 system with HD graphics, Sound and Internet and it boots from hdd

Notes: Installing Maverick onto USB took almost 30 minutes even though it said 1 minute remaining from the get go.

Sorry I missed out a step

Step 10) enjoy!

Installation Failed Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer
The install process starts fine, disk utility with new partition map, GUID, mac os extended journaled formatted...
After that installation starts with 23 minutes remaining, and after ~ 10 minutes - around 11 minutes remaining a get that yellow triangle with !
I have created installation USB without any problems, using unibeast 6.0 and with genuine maverick downloaded from app store.
my spec are: Z87N-WIFI i5 with IGPU Intel 4600 WD HDD 1TB
Just before - 10.8.5 was running smooth on the same system.

it installed with no issues on my laptop that had previously installed Lion, i got the sound and wifi to work even the trackpad on the laptop was working thing that wasnt working on lion , but i manage to make the ethernet work for the 1st time on lion i had wifi only and now i lost the sound and trackpad. i try to reinstall voodoo but still no luck in getting the sound back. any ideas ???

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Same problem here with Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H F12 firmware. Have tried Legacy support as well, and tested all USB ports. Thinking of trying some other boot options before installing, but hoping someone else can recommend a sure fix!
Hi guys,
I have a P55-UD3 with the same problem. But finally it works like a charm. Here is how I do :
- Check your Bios settings like said in this page : http://tonymacx86.blogspot.fr/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
- Do my USB stick with Unibeast 3.0 with Mavericks and Legacy support
- Copy the DSDT file named DSDT.aml in /extra folder of the usb key (the folders are hidden, so I did it with terminal)
- Boot on the USB key, with options (press space to enable options) : GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v -f (-v is for verbose mode)
- On reboot, use again USB key and run Multibeast 6 when install finish
- In Multibeast,
- Driver Section : Audio --> Realtek ALCxxx -> with DSDT --> ALC888 Legacy v100202
Disk --> Enable TRIM (I have SSD disk)
- Bootloaders Section : Chimera v2.2.1
- Customize Section : Boot options -- Check GraphicsEnabler=1, Hibernate Mode - Desktop and PCI Root Id Fix
System Definition - MacPro 5,1
And finally Build to my MacOs partition.

Now it's all fine.

I give in attachement the DSDT file, found on this forum in downloads section.

My config : P55-UD3 + Core I5 2,66Ghz + GeForce275GTX + Samsung 840 128Gb

A big thanks to all the team for that incredible job.

El Tourist

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-P55-UD3-F9.aml
    18.8 KB · Views: 122
I've got a socket 1156 system, used "Legacy USB" option with Unibeast. To get to language selection screen I needed to use:
-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" PCIRootUID=1
(where Graphics Mode is the native resolution of the monitor)
But once I'm at the installer screen my mouse and keyboard are dead. No trick I know of will make them work.

Thanks for the guide !! On Gygabite z77-ds3h, i7 3770, nvidia geforce gtx 660, works perfect !!! install only audio driver via Multibeast !!!Thanks Tony :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back