Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help me!!!

I was not sure which of these two uefi boot mode or legacy boot i would pick?

Motherboard gigabyte ga-z97x-ud3h
i7-4790k intel hd graphics 4600 1536

uefi

A big thank you & thumbs up from Belgium , keep up the good work Tony :clap:

Hi,Guys. when i was installing the bootable usb using unibeast , it was blocked in copying files and a folder named os x base system was opened. what is the problems?

Hi guys,

I also am having issues getting the Unibeast Clover El Capitain operational. Seems to KP when I try to boot the USB. I tried boot options such as 'NV_Disable=1' and disabling every feature in bios including C States and hyperThreading and every option rom there is. Yosemite with Chimera worked fine. This was on a Gen 1 Asus Z68 Deluxe motherboard. The error message in the boot log that stands out was:

"FailedClut" not a kext
"FailedImage" not a kext
AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed

So any boot arg tips would be appreciated it.

Thanks

Edit:

I think I figured out a solution. Not sure why it worked. I remade the usb key installer in 'UEFI' mode this time and in the config.plist file I turned on the dropoem ssdt flag.

Last edited:
Hi,

So i'm trying to install ASUS sabertooth P67 on my build but upon completing the install doesn't show up after booting on the Unibeast drive for the second time.

It has 16GB RAM Installed
i5 Sandy Bridge
Samsung Evo 250GB SSD

What could be the problem?

I am running a fully functioning El Capitan using the now called "alternate post installation". However, as a friend of Multibeast for years now, I would like to switch back to "Multibeast post installation". Is it possible to use Multibeast after the alternate post installation or would you recommend a fresh installation of El Capitan?

Thank you Tony!

As a trial, I added a Samsung 128GB SSD to my current system (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - i7 3770K 3.5 GHZ (over clocked 4.5GHZ) - GeForce GTX 650 Ti) and tried the update per: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Success! But it came with some trial and error. See my final results below. El Capitan seems to be a very responsive OS. The caveat was audio. I used the Realtec audio ALC898 patch (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html), and it worked like a charm. And with Yosemite, YouTube did not auto play in Safari, but in El Capitan it works great.

While I have Clover as the primary boot system, I followed the MultiBeast recipe, which worked great. So, when I boot my system, I get the Clover menu. From there, I can see all of my boot options.

Also, for note - USB3, graphics, and WiFi worked out of the box.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• screen.tiff
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
I am running a fully functioning El Capitan using the now called "alternate post installation". However, as a friend of Multibeast for years now, I would like to switch back to "Multibeast post installation". Is it possible to use Multibeast after the alternate post installation or would you recommend a fresh installation of El Capitan?
No need to run MultiBeast or a fresh install. MultiBeast just did what the Post Installation does plus add the audio and LAN drivers/kext. Much like the previous MultiBeasts. So, you should be good to go with what you did to get El Capitan running. :thumbup:

No need to run MultiBeast or a fresh install. MultiBeast just did what the Post Installation does plus add the audio and LAN drivers/kext. Much like the previous MultiBeasts. So, you should be good to go with what you did to get El Capitan running. :thumbup:

That's great! thanks to everyone one this site. It's the most wonderful resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back