Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'm at the installer pkg for Clover, am I not supposed to be? Sorry, I feel really stupid right now:crazy:

Yes. You can do it that way. Your doing it manually. You will need to download FakeSMC.kext and your Ethernet kext from the Kexts section. You will need to tick Install for UEFI booting only. Install Clover in the ESP. pick your desired theme. Drivers64UEFI tick EmuvariblesUefi-64 OsxAptiofixdrv-64 you may need OsxAptiofixdrv2 tho. also tick PartitionDxe-64. Once you've installed go to your EFI partition. Put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. Give that ago. You may need to change somethings in your Config.plist if you can't boot or if you get a kernel panic.

Am I supposed to ask for help here for the install support? Should I got somewhere else?

I am at the post installation - running clover configurator and when I save the serial number settings and all to a config file - I dont know understand where that config file should go because Clover configurator saves it to the documents folder - but I didnt think that was right.

Second part of this is that I cannot sign into the App Store - I think its because there is no serial number set on the "About Mac" screen - thought the Clover Configurator would solve that - but not so much...

Am I supposed to ask for help here for the install support? Should I got somewhere else?

I am at the post installation - running clover configurator and when I save the serial number settings and all to a config file - I dont know understand where that config file should go because Clover configurator saves it to the documents folder - but I didnt think that was right.

Second part of this is that I cannot sign into the App Store - I think its because there is no serial number set on the "About Mac" screen - thought the Clover Configurator would solve that - but not so much...

Follow up to the above- I def don't know where this config.plist file goes after it comes out of the clover configurator - I did go into the clover boot and edit manually a serial number section, which now shows up in the "about this mac" section - but something is still lacking in the tutorial cuz I don't think I get how to use clover configurator and get the serial number details updated properly...

Let me know if this makes any sense....

12669292_1122584267760229_200799740_o.jpg
12696204_1122584771093512_974662535_n.jpg
bios config: default
boot 1st: UEFI
12671940_1124910270860962_6969102685004398127_o (1).jpg
SATA MADE SELECTION: AHCL

same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMLCJ0JMK9Q
2:23 error: cannot get to the installation screen

help me!
ps: sorry. my bad English

20160212_130745.jpg
I've done all according to instruction from 1 to 17 step.
Except step 5 I didn't have any partitions, I just erase all disk.
When I've restart my laptop and boot from USB I've got menu as on attached image.
And on my flash drive I've only EFI folder.
Is it wrong? How can I fix it? Or what should I chose when I have menu as on attached image?

Just wanted to post that I followed the instructions in the opening post and tried the installation (legacy bios not efi) on an old HP e9150t desktop (core i7-920, 16GB RAM, GT220 NVidia graphics) and the installation went very smoothly without a hitch.

The machine runs El Capitan very smoothly without any problems and was completely stable. Audio, network, graphics worked fine. The only minor issue was that only 14GB of the 16GB RAM installed shows up in OSX whilst windows on the same machine shows 16GB. The machine has 6 RAM slots and I have 4GB, 4GB, 2GB, 2GB, 2GB, 2GB sticks in these slots

For installation, the only change I made to the default bios was to switch the sata mode to AHCI (default was RAID). The total time for the installation (post creation of the unibeast usb stick) was around 30 minutes.

Whilst I have reverted back to the Win 7 disk on this desktop (because I'm not sure about the legality of running OSX on a non Mac) , I just wanted to share this information for others in this forum that a HP e9150t should work very well as a Hackintosh. Since the e9150t is an old model, it should be available quite economically

hello. An important question. Is it safe to use the el capitan I downloaded from appstore using my macbook pro? As far as i know my info is included in MASreceipt. Is there any way that apple blacklists my icloud account or macbook pro serial number(i have almost 3 years warranty remaining) ? I wan't to create a hackintosh for a friend, so he will use another icloud account.

Help me

I need tutorial for BIOS MBR. Because my motherboard doesn't run GUID format.

OK, so before I realise my life is fu*ked and this and that doens't work :confused: and troubleshoot myself into a coma I just want to say a big thank you to Tony and crew:clap: and all you tasty people :wave:who belong to this wonderful community. Big love!

Seriously, nice one people.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back