Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hey Folks, when I try to boot into the OS for the first time, I get a black screen then I return to the bios. Do you guys know a fix for this? Thanks.

I have been working on this for over a week and NO success. :(

Here's my H/W config:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra ATX
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
Graphics: MSI HD7950 (but using MOB internal HDMI)

After several installation to the SSD drive, I have never been able to get it to boot. In verbose mode, it errors out with a kernel 7x0 error.

I have tried several of the references on this site including the [SUCCESS] macOS Sierra 10.12.1 | Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3 Ultra | Intel i7-6700k | GTX 950, that doesn't work. Can't get the USB stick to boot successfully.

About ready to punt all of this. I see you many your are successful on your first try, but not me. Any help would be appreciated!

[SOLVED] After a couple of weeks I finally figured it out. It was the "1TB SSD"! I replaced it with the equivalent Samsung 500GB and was able to install and boot on my first attempt. No matter how I installed Sierra on the 1TB drive, I could never get it to boot. Always got the "kernel 7x0 error". Guess I will reformat and use as a data drive.

Feed back: Sierra boots and runs nicely on a Z97MX Gigabyte gaming 5, 4790K and GTX980. Nvidia web driver, full 2560x1600 support through DVI. 1600x1200 only through displayports to DVI in. HDMI out 1980x1080 if you boot with these attached. No multiple monitor support though. itunes movie black screen. Shiki.kext not working as DRM could not be reset, I guess. Thanks to all who make this possible. Despite itunes DRM playback all seems working. Cheers

Hi @tonymacx86,

Quick question, I'm using a colleagues Mac and he has actually installed the Sierra Upgrade, can I still follow your instruction as placed on the web site? Because I'm stock at Select OS Installation screen.

Please help! Screenshot attached!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 18.02.40.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 18.02.40.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 114
Hi @tonymacx86,

Quick question, I'm using a colleagues Mac and he has actually installed the Sierra Upgrade, can I still follow your instruction as placed on the web site? Because I'm stock at Select OS Installation screen.

Please help! Screenshot attached!!!
You need to download Sierra, it doesnt need to be installed already!

Thanks for all of the great information! Couple questions, The machine I'm backing up from will not allow me to upgrade to Sierra, is it possible to still use this installation method and if so for me to upgrade afterwards?

Back