Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a clean Lion install.

I installed Unibeast to an external usb drive. I connect the external usb drive + my esata target drive to the computer. I boot into Unibeast and it shows the Apple spinning logo - this goes away and then it's just a gray screen. The gray screen does not go away. Nothing else shows. I tried a verbose boot and it ends up going to the same gray screen.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks.

System specs:

Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
i5 2500k
8 GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2 GB

500 GB drive connected via ESATA < - want to install to this drive

If your still looking for a solution to this, send me a pm and Ill reply to your thread.

I have almost the *exact* same problem. The only difference is that I have a slightly different configuration:
I have a Sapphire 6870 (100314) and my motherboard is a GA-P67A-UD4-B3 P67. Any help with where to look to solve this? Booting into verbose mode or with -f or GraphicsEnabler=(No|Yes) makes no difference. The stall always occurs after the initial boot process (after the verbose output ends) and I just get a gray screen with a mouse pointer on it. I can move the mouse, but that is all.

Any ideas?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am stuck here too

This is a clean Lion install.

I installed Unibeast to an external usb drive. I connect the external usb drive + my esata target drive to the computer. I boot into Unibeast and it shows the Apple spinning logo - this goes away and then it's just a gray screen. The gray screen does not go away. Nothing else shows. I tried a verbose boot and it ends up going to the same gray screen.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks.

System specs:

Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
i5 2500k
8 GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2 GB

500 GB drive connected via ESATA < - want to install to this drive

There is no support for the HD69xx AMD graphics cards in OS X at this time. They can be gotten to work with some hacking of kexts, but still not 100%.

Better to get a supported card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back