Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming M5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first post, so let me start with a hello all!
Here is what is going on; I am having no luck installing Lion using Unibeast method. This is my first attempt at a desktop, but I have been successful installing OSX on 4 netbooks.

My hardware is in signature, but, here goes anyway
Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3 F7
Intel i5-2400
Gigabyte HD6850
8GB Kingston 1600
1TB Seagate 7200

I've tried with the Bios settings set as recommended. Also currently am trying with everything set as recommended Plus disabling all things unnecessary for install such as ethernet, audio, USB3.

I've tried as far as boot flags go: -v -f -F -x PCIRootUID=1, =0, USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes, No

What happens is, if -x is not entered I get to the grey Apple logo screen with a movable mouse, but that's it, hang there for eternity. If I enter -x it gets to an all grey screen with a movable mouse and also hang there for eternity.

Anybody have any advice? I normally have tons of patience with this stuff, but this is driving me crazy. I'm sure I can get it going if I could just get to the welcome screen.

Thanks in advance

Well, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to try a Snow Leopard Install. A few hours later and I have what appears to be a fully working machine thanks to the info on this site. So now, since my end result still needs to be Lion, I'm thinking I'm gonna try the XMove/Multibeast thing. Has anyone had any experience with this with similar hardware? I'm definitely done for the day, but will be back at it first thing in the morning. Any shared knowledge/experience with this is very welcome. Thanks!

lemjello said:
Well, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to try a Snow Leopard Install. A few hours later and I have what appears to be a fully working machine thanks to the info on this site. So now, since my end result still needs to be Lion, I'm thinking I'm gonna try the XMove/Multibeast thing. Has anyone had any experience with this with similar hardware? I'm definitely done for the day, but will be back at it first thing in the morning. Any shared knowledge/experience with this is very welcome. Thanks!

Similar to you I have not been able to get Lion installed. I end up getting hung at a greyish screen with a textured background when I use GraphicsEnabler=No. With -x or PCIRootUID=1 or 0 I don't even get that far, just hung at a dull grey screen. This result is the same whether I use a UniBeast created USB install of Lion, or whether I do a iBoot+MultiBeast SL install and xMove attempt to upgrade to Lion. Oddly enough, most of the time, my BIOS settings end up getting reset and I have to go in and change everything back (AHCI, HPET 64-bit, etc.).

Core 2 Quad Q9400, 2GB RAM, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB, 1TB WD disk (400GB for OS X).

lemjello said:
Similar to you I have not been able to get Lion installed. I end up getting hung at a greyish screen with a textured background when I use GraphicsEnabler=No. With -x or PCIRootUID=1 or 0 I don't even get that far, just hung at a dull grey screen. This result is the same whether I use a UniBeast created USB install of Lion, or whether I do a iBoot+MultiBeast SL install and xMove attempt to upgrade to Lion. Oddly enough, most of the time, my BIOS settings end up getting reset and I have to go in and change everything back (AHCI, HPET 64-bit, etc.).

Core 2 Quad Q9400, 2GB RAM, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB, 1TB WD disk (400GB for OS X).

I have the exact same problem. Installer hangs on grey textured screen. But the PC is not frozen. It just keeps on waiting for something...

ivanberes said:
I have the exact same problem. Installer hangs on grey textured screen. But the PC is not frozen. It just keeps on waiting for something...

Yes, and unfortunately I can't tell what's going on at that point. Even when I use -v, the verbose text is gone by that point. Is there another way to tell what the issue is at that point? Is a boot log written on the USB stick? Is there any way to get a Terminal up?

Hai,
I had the same problem for 3 days when i try to instal dual boot of lion and windows 7 on my friend's (nassar) laptop (HP Pavillion dv6) but it was 6GB ram and i removed 2 GB and now only 4GB during installation) ( may be useful for you)and when i try to select lion or SL, "press to proceed...." screen, if i press key, went directly to restart screen.
Later tried all options as you mentioned and finally on frustration, i tried cpus=1, then started installing lion now.
Will let you know after successful installation.
Try this whether it works for you and all the best.

Tried cpus=1 and that did not resolve the issue. Still stops after loading the textured screen.

One other thing I also tried was to put FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E. That did not appear to resolve the issue either. Still have not been able to track down the problem since it appears after the GUI has begun to load. Trying to look through and see if I can find a log to show an error, but not exactly sure what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

try -v to know

I have the similiar issue. I was trying install on packard bell tm-85 and asus p6td deluxe, but no successes.
The same error on both PC's "Socket is not connected". Here is my screenshot

72c2b68e6fad65ba104fd88f0aace845.jpg

Any ideas?

Well, I got it going. It certainly wasn't as easy as I hoped, but what I ended up doing was partitioning the TB drive 3 times. One for SL, one for Lion, and one 8GB one for the Lion installer. Once I got SL up and running...and, everything works btw. I then used xmove to install Lion on a separate partition. I had to use different settings for vid card on the different installations, but, on both, I have dual DVI working and HDMI. Not sure about DP cause I don't have anything that accepts that. Like I said, it wasn't easy, but I think I saved myself by having a totally different partition for Lion. Everytime I tried to just update SL, it broke. Now I'm gonna try a few audio interfaces just to see how that works since the machine is ultimately for someone else that is using it for audio production. I'm jealous now, because this machine rules! If you have any questions that I may be able to answer, especially before I ship this beast out tomorrow or next day, let me know. I'll be glad to help if I can. Now, to start saving some money and build one of these for myself :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back