Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My build includes the following:
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Intel Core i7 2600K
Antec Earthwatts 650
8GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 Ram
1TB Seagate HD

I have done the install of 10.7.2 using the unibeast method and installed the recommended items from Multibeast 4.1 according to this thread but when I boot I see the apple and progress wheel then the screen goes to white and things are stuck.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38710

One thing I have noted is that my bios are F12 and the DSDT I found in the database is F11. Not sure if that is the problem or not.

Lerxst said:
My build includes the following:
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Intel Core i7 2600K
Antec Earthwatts 650
8GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 Ram
1TB Seagate HD

I have done the install of 10.7.2 using the unibeast method and installed the recommended items from Multibeast 4.1 according to this thread but when I boot I see the apple and progress wheel then the screen goes to white and things are stuck.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=38710

One thing I have noted is that my bios are F12 and the DSDT I found in the database is F11. Not sure if that is the problem or not.

If you followed the Mulitbeast listing in your link, the problem could be as simple as not having checked the "System Utilities" which is a requirement in my experience.

And it is not recommended to use a DSDT not designed for you MB and BIOS version. In your case, use EasyBeast.

neil

I tried using easybeast and the results are the same.

Using verbose boot I get through the boot process to the apple logo screen. Not the stretched apple logo but smaller normal looking logo.

Using -x safe boot I get the stretched apple logo , the progress wheel but I never get past that.

It seems like I am really close.

The point in checking the System Utilities selection is to repair permissions and build the caches. This alone can cause your problem.

The -v boot lets you follow the load messages (some are errors) and get a idea of what is causing problems. When you do a -v boot, as the boot nears completion, does the system switch to the graphics mode?

neil

neilhart said:
The point in checking the System Utilities selection is to repair permissions and build the caches. This alone can cause your problem.

The -v boot lets you follow the load messages (some are errors) and get a idea of what is causing problems. When you do a -v boot, as the boot nears completion, does the system switch to the graphics mode?

neil

SOME success...yahoo!!!!

When I did the Multibeast install I did check / run the system utilities so I had ruled that out. I was still getting to the small/normal apple logo screen and getting stuck.

I went back and reverted my bios to F11 since I'm only running 8 GB of ram.

I went back to my installer partition and looked at what was actually working for me in the Extras folder and the System> Libraries> Extensions folder.

MY extras folder only has:Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 10.08.40 AM.png

I noted that there are some differences Extensions folders contents including the lack of the HD3000 drivers.

Throwing caution to the wind I deleted all of the extensions in my fresh install of 10.7.2 and copied all the extension in my Install Extensions folder to the new install. Rebooted and PRESTO !!! Computer came up in 1920 x 1080 x 32. No QE/CI

System info reports my graphics as HD2000 and the model as MacMini5,1
Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 10.09.25 AM.png

Hopefully this helps us move this along.

I'm going to try the HD3000 drivers now and see if that was the cause.

For now we can boot up full res.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 10.08.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 10.08.40 AM.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 10.09.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 10.09.25 AM.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 225
I jumped the gun.

Couldn't reboot successfully after going through the registration process.

Back to the drawing board....

i know this board is recommended for custom mac but i battled over 5 days and gave up. i even tried it with a video card and it just would not work for me.

that board was a nightmare, finally i gave up and returned it and got me asus p8p67 deluxe board which is a breeze to install, it works perfect

just my 2 cents

good luck

Confirmed success!!

Following the steps outlined in my prior post I made some changes to the Multibeast settings and was able to boot repeatedly with full resolution.

It does appear that the HD3000 are the issue for us.

I removed the HD3000 kexts from S>L>E folder and saved them in another folder.
I could not boot until I did this. I would lockup at the apple logo screen.

IN my first attempt I had failed to install the FakeSMC
FakeSMC.kext is the only absolutely mandatory kext, and is required for booting the system. Original by netkas, new branch by Project OS X. Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/.

Here is a screen grab of my settings and the results in About this Mac.
Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 12.38.09 PM.png

We can now start experimenting with some way to get the HD3000 drivers/kexts working properly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 12.38.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 12.38.09 PM.png
    798 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back