Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm new to Hackintosh world and trying to install OS X Lion using unibeast in USB. I bought OS X Lion USB version from apple store and created the Unibeast bootable USB as instructed in this website. I get BootCacheControl error during installation followed by nstat lookup error and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timeout in verbose mode.

The only place where I can find reference to the nstat lookup error is in the url mentioned below and I'm not sure how to apply this during installation.
http://simon.heimlicher.com/articles/20 ... -failed-2/

Following paremeters are set based on my observation in different forums.
cpus=1 busratio=9 maxmem=2048 arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernalCache=Yes -x -v

Error Detail:
-----------

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
Bug: Launchctl.c:2408 (24957):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1
nstat_lookup_entry failed:2
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::startForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Machine details:
---------------
Acer Aspite 1830T-3505
CPU: i3 - 330UM (1.2GHZ, 3MB L3 Cache)
Memory: 3GB

I appreciate your help and thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue.

I don't have a solution, but the error
Code:
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2
definitely has absolutely nothing to do with your issues.
In fact, that error indicates nothing, independently of whether you're on a Mac or a Hackintosh.

okay, so that turns out to not be the issue preventing boot. if i hit my power button after that, it goes a little farther and i think this is my main issue: now i'm getting a panic "error 4 trying to transition cpu 1 to off" so i'll be looking for that.

I have a similar Acer laptop and I'm getting the same problem when trying to install Lion.

I've tried cpus=1, arch=i386, -f, -x, legacy_kernel and combinations thereof. I've "reset" the BIOS to no avail too.

I've installed Snow Leopard 10.6.0 successfully before but I get the same problem above when I update to 10.6.8. It KPs when the ACPI kexts are loaded.

Laptop:
eMachines D732
Core i3-380M
2GB DDR3
Using UniBeast - from Install Mac OS X Lion.app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back