Contribute
Register

UniBeast Failure due to File Structure Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WIFI Mini ITX
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had previously made a UniBeast USB with version 10.8.0 in my apps folder that worked fine, however upon updating to 10.8.4 after installation it did not work, so I thought HEY I'll make a usb stick WITH 10.8.4 which is where I ran into the failure.

Upon dissemination of the 'app' (installer folder in apps from app store) I discovered that files seem to be in a different place(?)

Creating the usb with UniBeast worked fine when using 10.8.0 and does not seem to work using 10.8.4.

Can anyone confirm that they are using 10.8.4 when they try to create the usb stick?

Never mind. The issue for me seems to be that my flash drive died.

Unibeast 1.7 isn't working for me with the Mac App Store download of 10.8.4.
The progress bar just stopped at about 40% of the way through. Maybe I'm just impatient, but it's taking quite a long while.

EDIT: It seems to give up or something, saying that the install succeeded, and then my flash drive is unreadable by my MacBook Pro ("The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer."). I've tried it twice now. Also, my Hackintosh won't boot off it.
When I ran it on my Hackintosh, it said the install failed. I guess that I should download the 10.8.4 installer from the Mac App Store again. Maybe my download got corrupted or something.

Having exact the same issue. Tried the same with using another machine with freshly downloaded the 10.8.4 app and got the same result...

Correction: Not sure how long time it did take (at least, more than 90 minutes). But it completed successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back