CPU
Intel Core i7 - 9700K
Graphics
Radeon Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had success earlier today with installing Lion 10.7.2 using a USB drive with the app store Lion installer, and then I was having problems with getting my GPU to be recognized in system profiler and getting full resolution.

I tried to go back and use Multibeast to install graphics support for my NVIDIA gtx460 card, and when I did, multibeast failed.

I did a clean install after this, partitioned the ssd hd, still had the same results. Decided to try everything and recreate my USB boot device. I'm using my actual macbook pro to make the bootable USB drive. When I partitioned the USB drive and tried to run Unibeast, I get a failed installation here too. Anybody ever heard of a USB drive going bad? I don't know why Unibeast wouldn't work all of a sudden, worked fine earlier today.

Thanks.

Re: Unibeast Fails

Because the only question I asked was:

"Anybody ever heard of a USB drive going bad?"

If you'd like for me to give you a rundown of my system hardware I will, I just wanted to know if anybody has ever had trouble with their USB drive going bad when using unibeast to install Lion.

MullisMan said:
"Anybody ever heard of a USB drive going bad?"
Yes, USB devices can fail.

Does that help you?

Yes thanks. Just wanted to see if anybody had a similar problem. I replaced the USB drive, got it working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back