Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello,

When I try to use UniBeast to make a Lion Bootable USB it fails everytime, this is holing me back and I can't figure out why its not working. Anyone know how to get it to work?

Where is it failing? What step? What error do you get? Are you following the UniBeast guide on this site step by step? Not skipping anything?

RTK said:
Where is it failing? What step? What error do you get? Are you following the UniBeast guide on this site step by step? Not skipping anything?

tried the guide step by step serveral times and no dice. Fails almost instantly when trying to created the USB.

Do you have the app inside your applications folder?

Are you using the Apple thumb drive?

Pay special attention to number 11 and 12.

If failure continues you have to try a different USB stick. It seems not all USB sticks work nicely creating Unibeast.

Here is a visual demonstration by cpukid

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTFpveAKUqQ[/VIDEO]

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem!

Is it normal that the Mac OS X Lion Installation file (the one with the lion and down arrow icon) is just 14Mb?

The Mac OS X Install ESD Folder ist 3,7 GB but the only file that needs to be in the Application Folder ist the Installation File and that is just 14mb

is this ok?

I downloaded the Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion -RETAIL- Final Build 11A511 from a Forum. It gave me 3 folders:

Official.Release.Installer with a 3.7GB .dmg file in it.
Server.app
Server.Essentials

I opened the .dmg file in 10.6.8 in Virtual Box: It gave me the 3.7GB Install ESD Folder with the 14MB Mac OS X Lion Installation file in it.

I formatted the Stick as described in the guide. MBR and so on..

I put the 14MB Installation File in Applications and started Unibeast but it failed. it fails every single time =(

What am i doing wrong?

And the reason why i didn't downloaded the whole thing officially is because i never had luck with Snow Leopard Hackintosh Installation!! I tried all Bootloaders all the guides but Snow Leopard never booted without iBoot!!

My Motherboard ASUS P8H67-M-PRO is not good for 10.6.x Hackintosh installation.

So I first want to know if i can or cannot install Lion on it. If it works i will definately buy it from Apple.

I just do not want to waste money in case it doesn't work.

Please help :(

Thindboy said:
The Mac OS X Install ESD Folder ist 3,7 GB but the only file that needs to be in the Application Folder ist the Installation File and that is just 14mb

is this ok?

I downloaded the Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion -RETAIL- Final Build 11A511 from a Forum. It gave me 3 folders:

Official.Release.Installer with a 3.7GB .dmg file in it.
Server.app
Server.Essentials

I opened the .dmg file in 10.6.8 in Virtual Box: It gave me the 3.7GB Install ESD Folder with the 14MB Mac OS X Lion Installation file in it.

Purchased Retail Software Installation Methods Only.
No Discussions About or Links To Pirated Software.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

12. No Virtual Machine Installs on a non-OS X Host
Any discussion, mention or links will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

:thumbdown:

jester969 said:
Do you have the app inside your applications folder?

no i did not and it failed because of this. I moved my copy to a NAS and could not remember where it originally downloaded too. the instructions give specific details for the thumb drive but it left to assume a location for the download version. i assumed the desktop then the thumb drive itself.

If this detail could be added to install instructions, it should clear this issue up.

This seems to have been my problem too. It's kind of ambiguous, I was putting the lion install in apps but not unibeast itself.

It would also be nice if it would detect not finding the ESD and just aborting with a message. Probably a low priority thing I know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back