i7 7700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unibeast 9.3.0 will not create a proper bootable USB for me. I've tried UEFI and Legacy Mode, don't need to inject the graphics options because i have an RX580. I've tried creating it on Sierra and my Mojave Macbook Pro with no luck, I've tried different USB drives with no luck.

Unibeast saying it is "copying files" and the status bar stays in the same place for the whole setup, about 1/5th of the way along, until it is complete.

My Sierra boot installer shows up fine but the Mojave boot installer won't appear, all i see in my boot menu is Generic USB Device and when I select it I get a black screen and "Reboot and select proper device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".

I've followed these instructions to the T but can't get past this step.

Unibeast 9.3.0 will not create a proper bootable USB for me. I've tried UEFI and Legacy Mode, don't need to inject the graphics options because i have an RX580. I've tried creating it on Sierra and my Mojave Macbook Pro with no luck, I've tried different USB drives with no luck.

Unibeast saying it is "copying files" and the status bar stays in the same place for the whole setup, about 1/5th of the way along, until it is complete.

My Sierra boot installer shows up fine but the Mojave boot installer won't appear, all i see in my boot menu is Generic USB Device and when I select it I get a black screen and "Reboot and select proper device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".

I've followed these instructions to the T but can't get past this step.

Got it to work after some more trial and error.

A quick question about drive formatting for installing Mojave.

According to the steps the destination drive (for a clean install) must be be formatted Mac OS Journaled, yet the only option Disk install is giving me is APFS. I assume it is fine to install a fresh version of Mojave on a drive formatted APFS but wanted to double check first since the guide says: "For a new installation of macOS, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing."

Side note: I tried upgrading to Mojave directly from Sierra and it failed pretty bad. After a a few attempts to try and get my Mac back in working order I've decided to do a clean install of Mojave. I wonder if since my Macintosh HD had already been formatted APFS it will only formate as the same??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back