Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am not sure how to go about creating my unibeast drive as I am using a MacBook Pro to create it which is already running ML, Do I still need to purchase ML from the app store? If so how do I download it without it installing to my MacBook? Also is it okay to use an external HDD instead of a USB thumb drive to create the Unibeast Drive?

I am not sure how to go about creating my unibeast drive as I am using a MacBook Pro to create it which is already running ML, Do I still need to purchase ML from the app store? If so how do I download it without it installing to my MacBook? Also is it okay to use an external HDD instead of a USB thumb drive to create the Unibeast Drive?

Yes you still need to purchase it from the Mac App Store. All you need to do is download it and then run UniBeast. You don't have to install it. Once UniBeast is complete and you are able to install. Zip the install.app and keep it safe.

I haven't tried installing UniBeast to a hard drive partition but I have read people have succeeded. Just remember to follow the guide, using Master Boot Record partition table for the UniBeast drive.

thanks should I make the hard drive one partition or should I just partition off 8GB to use?

thanks should I make the hard drive one partition or should I just partition off 8GB to use?

You will want to just partition 8GB in MBR This will big enough for the Mountain Lion Install.App. Then the system drive you are installing OS X on will want to be GUID Partition Table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back