Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been posting in thread on X58 motherboard but I have now established this problem is the same on both an X58 and a H61 based systems that I have tried to install on.

When a Unibeast installer is created on on a USB stick which is formatted GUID/HFS Journaled the installer does not see a GUID HFS or APFS drive when the target machine is booted from the installer and the first selection screen is visible. On running the macOS install the HFS formatted drive is visible in Disk Utility. On subsequent reboot the HFS drive is again not visible for selection - where you would normally select the drive the OS has just been installed to.

I tried formatting the USB drive MBR/HFS Journaled but the Drive is still not visible to the Installer and is not visible in Disk Utility

Is this an issue with the ICH10 chipset or is it something else?

I am just trying to install with the HDD installed in a USB enclosure to establish if it is visible in that scenario. Edited to add - My logic is that Clover is seeing the USB Install Stick and that is formatted GUID/HFS Journaled - so the difference might be that it is connected via USB as opposed to SATA and ICH10.

Last edited:
So far so good I reached the 1st reboot stage and with the drive connected via USB it is visible. I will post back when the installation completes and I try to connect the drive via SATA again.

I have just completed reading a very similar post by @flatfeet and he has posted of success using this method. I note that he experienced the issue on a P67 board. So I have experienced the issue on X58, H61 and Flatfeet has seen it on P67 - I am sure others of this generation of boards will also be affected. Please let us know if you have come across this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back