CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, i made the usb ventura install as recommended on tonymacx (clover option ) - I placed the 4 main kext in the "other" folder of the EFI on the usb key. I formated an apfs nvme drive as a target install disk, but the installer does not see the nvme (neither the 2 others i have installed already and running Catalina) and only propose me the usb install key as target, any idea please ?

Last edited:
make sure your bios settings are correct:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

what is the make and model of your nvme?

Thank you , however, those settings dosent t appear in the z490 bios,
exept thunderbolt.. ill try. My nvme was a samsung 980 (i just sent it back for a WD )pro but the usb did nt see the others nvme anyway. (I have catalina already installed on a sabrent nvme)

make sure your bios settings are correct:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

what is the make and model of your nvme?

The system is already running on Catalina so bios is ok, I wanted to upgrade to ventura maybe i did wrong with the usb key and clover , worth trying a new usb with clover option maybe...?

Back