ATI Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 Motherboard, Radeon HD 6670, 8GB DDR3 Ram, 500GB Sata 7200rpm HDD.
Windows 7 is currently installed. PNY Attache 8GB usb drive unibeast.
I boot to the usb drive select usb and the apple logo comes up. After a few seconds I get the prohibitory symbol above the apple, still spinning gear. I tried to change the bios setting according to the instructions. I cannot find where to turn off the graphics enabler. I have not even got to the part to partition yet.
Any help here with what to try next? Should I format the drive prior or this should not matter? Thanks to everyone in here and anyone who can assist me.

Before unibeast boots you should have a screen that has a choice between your internal hard drive and the unibeast USB stick, at that point, with unibeast highlighted, type in -v, or use the down arrow on your keyboard and select boot verbose, at that point it'll boot but instead of the apple logo, you'll have a bunch of text, and where it stops there will usually be some kind of an error that you can post back here.

In short, on the boot screen, hit the down area and choose boot verbose :)

Still waiting for root device, repeating...

Attachments

• IMAG1073.jpg
    IMAG1073.jpg
    972.4 KB · Views: 436
I have the same problem.

In verbose mode the last line is:

DSMOS has arrived
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address f4:6d:04:1e:8e:8f

:?

markassabur said:
Still waiting for root device, repeating...

I have read in another thread that you should make sure the USB stick is NOT in a USB3 port.

It was in the USB3 port. I changed it and disabled the graphics enabler. now the monitor powers off after apple logo. computer still running.

Well, one down :) Have you tried it with graphics enabler?

markassabur said:
It was in the USB3 port. I changed it and disabled the graphics enabler. now the monitor powers off after apple logo. computer still running.

SOLVED!
I added "PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No"
Loads fine now. thanks.

markassabur said:
SOLVED!
I added "PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No"
Loads fine now. thanks.

Thanks! - this got me past my problem(s) - freezing after loading the Realtek ethernet.

Now - just have to figure out the kernel panic I hit after successfully installing Lion.
I didn't install DSDT after running Multibeast (Realtek driver install had such a lovely "restart" button...), so that's a likely problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back