Graphics
GTX 970
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

My posts are getting deleted from here repeatedly (and i don't understand why that is). My installation makes use of the Unibeast and Clover (from here).

i recently re-installed Catalina on my Lenovo W530 and it went fairly smooth to get most of it working again (Bluetooth via acidantera, power modes for the cpu, ps/2 support for keyboard, etc). I also managed to get the full amount of vram recognized (1.5GB in my case) but i could not get the Metal support to work.

I followed guides here and elsewhere, making sure that i disabled the dGPU (Nvidia) and anything with Optimus - basically using integrated graphics at all times. Regardless of this, Metal did not kick in properly.
So i went and set this mode to "Auto" and enabled optimus and.... lo and behold, Metal started to work consistently. While i only see the Intel HD graphics listed in the system properties, i guess somehow, this mode of graphics is somehow enabling something (that i'm not really aware what it might be).

Anyone here recognise this behaviour?

now and then, both the iGPU and the dGPU pops up in the system specs, but mainly its only the iGPU.

Hi

My posts are getting deleted from here repeatedly (and i don't understand why that is). My installation makes use of the Unibeast and Clover (from here).

i recently re-installed Catalina on my Lenovo W530 and it went fairly smooth to get most of it working again (Bluetooth via acidantera, power modes for the cpu, ps/2 support for keyboard, etc). I also managed to get the full amount of vram recognized (1.5GB in my case) but i could not get the Metal support to work.

I followed guides here and elsewhere, making sure that i disabled the dGPU (Nvidia) and anything with Optimus - basically using integrated graphics at all times. Regardless of this, Metal did not kick in properly.
So i went and set this mode to "Auto" and enabled optimus and.... lo and behold, Metal started to work consistently. While i only see the Intel HD graphics listed in the system properties, i guess somehow, this mode of graphics is somehow enabling something (that i'm not really aware what it might be).

Anyone here recognise this behaviour?

now and then, both the iGPU and the dGPU pops up in the system specs, but mainly its only the iGPU.
your posts were removed because you kept showing your serial number

glad you got your system working

Ah (that was stupid of me. Sorry about that :shifty:).

thank you for pointing that out Feartech.

Ah (that was stupid of me. Sorry about that :shifty:).

thank you for pointing that out Feartech.
also unibeast is primarily for desktops

Back