Contribute
Register

unibeast 6.1 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4000; GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Preparing for a El Capitan install on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, BIOS F18 with NVidia GT 9600 graphics card that is running Mavericks and Yosemite at the moment (without issues). Dual display setup: 1280x1024 + Dell 27" 2560x1440.

Ran instructions for a Unibeast 6.1 install on external USB3 disk and also attempt to do this with an external drive (USB2)
Preparing the external disks seems to work.
I can boot from the external drive but trying to do that from the USB3 flash disk gets me in a reboot loop.

Starting from the USB2 external disk gets me to the Clover prompt. Added -v option for some verbosity and after a while it is stuck.
Screen dump attached.

Any clue why it
*) does not continue in the installer?
*) won't even show Clover bootmenu when booting with USB3 stick?

btw I am totally new to Clover... After booting from USB ext. disk I found a Clover entry for all my bootable devices "installed" in the BIOS. They did show up after disconnecting all internal disks and rebooting again. Was able to clean these with bcfg command.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    773 KB · Views: 76
For starters, you might want to have a look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...77x-ud5h-i7-3770k-gt-640-x2-os-x-10-11-a.html for any mobo-specific settings (BIOS, etc.)

If you're using UniBeast 6.1, you should probably redo it with 6.1.1.

MBCT indicates a failure to start graphics. You should have inject nvidia=true in your config.plist (you can pick that option in UniBeast if you like, or put it in config.plist afterward). If that alone doesn't work, try booting with nv_disable=1 until you get through the install.

I am using Unibeast 6.1.1

Checked the bios settings again. They are equal to those posted. I did select nvidia while running Unibeast. Indeed there is a NVidea inject set to 1 in the clover.plist file
Did try the nv_disable=1 setting during startup. My boot settings are now: dark=0 -v nv_disable=1

Unfortunately nothing changed. The previous screen dump is still valid.

What could be the next step?

maybe of importance, but from Clover USB boot I cannot boot into my old Yosemite installation too. After mentioning it passed the bluetooth device it reboots.
Fortunately I can still boot the old way (although I had to change BIOS to also be able to boot from legacy disk).

When booting not Yosemite the following setting are used:

cat org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 -v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

cat smbios.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Macmini</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>Macmini5,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-8ED6AF5B48C039E1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02HWNQADJD0</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

and

Rebuild my USB disk with UEFI Boot version. Added the same info as I use for Yosemite for SMBIOS and was able to get into the installer. The first pass went ok. Clover comes up; I select the new installation. It boots. Nvidia is loaded DSMOS seems to go ok. Bluetooth transport ok Than the boot process seems to stop and after some time it reboots.

See the console.jpg attachment of the console just before the reboot sets in.

How best to proceed?

BTW another issue: with Clover on the UBS I cannot boot my Yosemite nor Mavericks
installations. I can still boot using the Chameleon boot strap on the other disks.
BTW2 I can boot into El Capitan Rescue disk.
BTW3 Did try to remove all kext in EFI not under 10.11, and removed network and audio kext's from 10.11; added ALXEthernet kext from Yosemite for the network This makes no difference. Boot process is still as described above.

Attachments

• Console.jpg
    Console.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back