Contribute
Register

UniBeast 5.2.0 Install clear my setup data and does not boot. GA-G31-ES2L + NVIDIA GTS250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-G31M-[E]S2L F4[I]-BIOS , Clover
CPU
Core2Quad Q6600 2,4GHz
Graphics
GEFORCE 9500GT 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Hello. I´ve bought and installed TP-LINK WDN 4800 as recommended by Tonymacx86 just yet, and it worked out of the box in both Yosemite 10.10.5 and Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I´ve installed Snow Leopard via iBoot retail method, and then, downloaded and installed Yosemite in another partition in same HD, via UniBeast. Multibeast upgraded chimera to version 4.1.0 during Yosemite install.

So, if you installed Snow Leopard via iBoot, try upgrade Chimera. Chimera natively installed via iBoot is a very old version.

As long as I could think, this may solve your problem there.

Bye.

Fixing DSDT [Object is not referenced]

Hallo Tomas2D.

I am also trying to edit my DSDT. As long I have researched, you could solve the error:

Length is larger than Min/Max window

making the associated "Length" field equals "Maximum" field minus "Minimum" field + 1. You must do the calculations in hex notation, so, you must a scientific calculator properly adjusted.

Example: in my dsdt i had

0x00100000, // Range Minimum
0xFEBFFFFF, // Range Maximum
0x00000000, // Translation Offset
0xFFF00000, // Length

Doing FEBFFFFF-00100000+1 one finds FEAFFFFF+1 = FEB00000.

So, changing length value from 0xFFF00000 to 0xFEB00000, it solved the related problem:

0x00100000, // Range Minimum
0xFEBFFFFF, // Range Maximum
0x00000000, // Translation Offset
0xFEB00000, // Length

To solve the warning "Resource Tag larger than field", go to the code line which the "warning" points to, and change "CreateByteField" to "CreateWordField".

A Byte field has length of 8 bits;
A Word field has length of 16 bits;
A Dword field has length of 32bits;

and so one.

I hope I have helped.

Tchus.

Seagate Barracuda: The disk inserted is not readable by this computer

I receive messages like that when I log in my OS X for the first time after each boot.

This messages make themselves present when OSX unsupported file system formats are encountered in some storage media; on my two ST2000DM001 hds with linux partitions (EXT3 format) in the case. My third like hd has two NTFS partitions, with windows installed, and it is fully recognized by OS X (which itself lies in a fourth seagate pata HD).

Has something happened with the partition table of your problematic hd, or even with partitions itself? Have you accidentally altered the partition table or even formatted any partition recently with other format else than NTFS?
(Remember, the messages OSX usually shows has a option to format the "unsupported" discs.... I have to take care about them to not format my hds!)

Try to forget your hackintosh, and see if the disk is usable on windows. OSX (and linux too) also has problems with NTFS partitions when windows is "sleeping" inside them. Warning messages about that are usually visible in OSX dmesg command when it is the case. If the case, try to wake up and actually shut down your windows.

It is also important to remember OSX formats are not natively recognized by windows and linux, and if the message is showed up in windows, it would be "normal". This also happens when you try to access OSX native DVDs (example: Snow Leopard BootCamp) in a non OSX system. To access them in that case, you should install specific programs / drivers on windows / linux, or boot into your hackintosh.

The first thing you should do is to identify what really happened there, to avoid the same happens with your backup hd when replaced on your computer.

And be a little more specific about your problem, so one can help.

I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Seagate Barracuda: The disk inserted is not readable by this computer

I receive messages like that when I log in my OS X for the first time after each boot.

This messages make themselves present when OSX unsupported file system formats are encountered in some storage media; on my two ST2000DM001 hds with linux partitions (EXT3 format) in the case. My third like hd has two NTFS partitions, with windows installed, and it is fully recognized by OS X (which itself lies in a fourth seagate pata HD).

Has something happened with the partition table of your problematic hd, or even with partitions itself? Have you accidentally altered the partition table or even formatted any partition recently with other format else than NTFS?
(Remember, the messages OSX usually shows has a option to format the "unsupported" discs.... I have to take care about them to not format my hds!)

Try to forget your hackintosh, and see if the disk is usable on windows. OSX (and linux too) also has problems with NTFS partitions when windows is "sleeping" inside them. Warning messages about that are usually visible in OSX dmesg command when it is the case. If the case, try to wake up and actually shut down your windows.

It is also important to remember OSX formats are not natively recognized by windows and linux, and if the message is showed up in windows, it would be "normal". This also happens when you try to access OSX native DVDs (example: Snow Leopard BootCamp) in a non OSX system. To access them in that case, you should install specific programs / drivers on windows / linux, or boot into your hackintosh.

The first thing you should do is to identify what really happened there, to avoid the same happens with your backup hd when replaced on your computer.

And be a little more specific about your problem, so one can help.

I hope it helps.

I apologize for my phrasing in the original post, but I meant Disc Utility, not Disc Management. This machine has never had Windows installed on it, and I haven't further partitioned the HDD aside from the orginal 1 partition formatted to run on OSX.

Problems started last week with my media files not playing on the computer (I could see each file, but itunes/quicktime/VLC were unable to play the files). Shortly afterwards, I updated Itunes, and the problem persisted.

I then restarted the computer and that is when the HDD problems began with the prompt "the disc inserted is not readable by this computer" and the HDD icon disappeared from the finder. I am still able to see the HDD under disc utility however.

Thank you for helping and is there anything else can I tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back