Contribute
Register

UniBeast 5.0.1 - Can't Select Yosemite Installation Type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much!!!

I had the same problem (all OS greyed out), but putting back the Yosemite install file back in the application-folder was the solution!

Same happened to me even since Mavericks version, once you Install the downloaded new OS it will be erased from your applications folder, you must download again. You can always just check the applications folder and see, if its not there just download.

What I did with the Mavericks app was move it to a different folder (dont really need to erase it, you might get back to it in the future)
I believe Unibeast will not work with both apps in the app folder.

Same happened to me even since Mavericks version, once you Install the downloaded new OS it will be erased from your applications folder, you must download again. You can always just check the applications folder and see, if its not there just download.

What I did with the Mavericks app was move it to a different folder (dont really need to erase it, you might get back to it in the future)
I believe Unibeast will not work with both apps in the app folder.
UniBeast will work with any or all of the following in /Applications:

Install Mac OS X Lion
Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Install Mac OS X Mavericks
Install Mac OS X Yosemite

If you are going to move it to another drive or copy it to another system you MUST zip it before moving or copying.

I had this issue
Copied OS X Yosemite.app to applications
Renamed to Install OS X Yosemite.app

copy from where?

What do you mean "installationfile"? I put the "OS X Yosemite.app" in the /Applications folder and it doesn't work.
Hey Guys,

Have the same issue. Even if you have OS Yosemite installed, just go to the app store and download it.. the 5gb file

After installation, it will then prompt you to accept or install.. can't remember clearly (there is no x button to quit the pop up)... just go to the force quit at top toolbar and force quite the application

remember don't install or continue the setup if you already have it installed

then open unibeast and it should be there, not greyed out

the key is to have the yosemite INSTALLATION file in your application folder.. it gets deleted once you istall yosemite on mac

hope this helps :)

I have a same problem, every os is gray. Why don't Unibeat have an option to choice Osx by us. I mean the os that we had downloaded or copy from somewhere.:)

I was facing the same problem

Correct name: Install OSX Yosemite.app
Correct place: /Applications

and the options was greyed out, so I restarted the OSX (Mavericks), then started the Unibeast and voilà! It worked, the Yosemite option was theres to be selected.

(edit: spelling correction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back