Contribute
Register

UNIBEAST 2.1.1 Problem with 1156 Boards (GA-P55A-UD3R in My case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600 & R9 270X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi
I am using GA-P55A-UD3R ver 2.0 Mobo with GTX 560 non TI and Using Mountain Lion Installed with UniBeast USB created with Unibeast 1.7.0 with Legacy Option enabled and working smoothly now I re- download My OSX's latest version (10.8.5) and create the installer with Unibeast 2.1.1 with Legacy Option enabled but My usb ports dead during install no way to continue try -v -f -x USBBusFix. EHCIhard....etc no effect welcome screen comes and roiling the text there can't use key board and mouse.

is it a UNIBAEST bug in 1156 mother boards with 10.8.5 or this specific board. I have any problem with OSX 10.8.1 Unibeast INSTALLER

Any body here with this board have these kind of problem ??? how you overcome it ????

Hi
I am using GA-P55A-UD3R ver 2.0 Mobo with GTX 560 non TI and Using Mountain Lion Installed with UniBeast USB created with Unibeast 1.7.0 with Legacy Option enabled and working smoothly now I re- download My OSX's latest version (10.8.5) and create the installer with Unibeast 2.1.1 with Legacy Option enabled but My usb ports dead during install no way to continue try -v -f -x USBBusFix. EHCIhard....etc no effect welcome screen comes and roiling the text there can't use key board and mouse.

is it a UNIBAEST bug in 1156 mother boards with 10.8.5 or this specific board. I have any problem with OSX 10.8.1 Unibeast INSTALLER

Any body here with this board have these kind of problem ??? how you overcome it ????

rohith

You may want to see if you can re-download the 10.8.5 software from the Apple App Store as Apple has released and Update to users of the original OSX 10.8.5 - and has added this update to the Combo Update for OSX 10.8.5 - this could help you w the issues you have w onboard USB 2.0 - then remake the UniBeast Thumb drive w this new improved download that has these patches in them.

Also make sure that legacy support is enabled in the BIOS and stays enabled ( items have known to change back for some unknow reason.)

i created this unibeast installer in my 10.8.5. And i create a OSX Lion 10.7.5 (Which i compress and backed up in my system) using Unibeast 2.1.1 and perfect no issue all USB ports are available in installation it is something odd with 10.8.5

today i install supplementary update in my system is it up to date now.. I am create and test the USB in this system.

EDIT: WORKS FOR UniBeast 3.0.0 & Mavericks too!! (Just had to do it!)

Hey Everyone!

So I was able to create the USB Stick but had the same issue of having non-responsive USB devices at the Welcome screen. I found the solution on the following website: http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604

More precisely this sentence: "If legacy USB support isn't working for you, just add your motherboard's patched DSDT file to the hidden /Extra folder on your installer drive and that should fix the problem. Phew!"

So, if you are able to successfully create the USB stick, but have a problem with unresponsive USB devices at the welcome screen try the following:

1. Create USB stick according to Unibeast guide (I did so with the USB Legacy option)
2. Open Terminal
3. Copy&Paste the following into the terminal: defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
4. Now hold ‘alt’ on the keyboard and right click on the Finder icon, select `Relaunch´
(If you want to reverse this just redo step 4. & 5. using `NO´ instead of `YES´)
5. Download the DSDT file for your specific motherboard
6. Rename the file to "DSDT.aml" and copy it into the now visible "Extra" folder on the USB stick
7. Boot according to Unibeast guide
8. Should the mouse not be responsive, just plug it out and plug it back in (this is what helped in my case)
9. Continue as if nothing was ever wrong :D

Hope this helps to reduce some frustratingly long nights trying to get things to work :)

Cheers,
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back