NVIDIA 670M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried the following boot arguments but I never get to the Installer screen, I just get a black screen either after about 10 seconds of seeing the Apple logo or about 60 seconds of commands

PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=No
-v
-x
-f

Any help very gratefully received.

I don't know whats going on - but today I was only able to boot from USB once today - all the other times I got a message saying that there was no bootable device

The one time I did get it to boot from the usb I used the following commands GraphicsEnabler=No and -v

Attached is a screen shot of when it stopped running

UnibeastToshQosimox875Install.JPG

It seems like it was a dodgy Kingston USB stick (even though I could read and write to it from my Mac).

I bought a SanDisk USB stick, and that seems reliable.

However when I boot from USB, the Unibeast installer gets stuck at
"Still waiting for root device"

[SUP]I just got my Qosmio X875-Q7390 two weeks ago. Awesome machine!

I experienced the same problems as you at first. Using Unibeast 1.7 and retail app (built with my girlfriends real MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion) so... The black screen was driving me insane. I looked at other forums about laptops with similar graphics cards. It would seem that the GTX670M is not yet supported, so we're not going to have QE/CI until there is a kext solution, or until a later update includes it (hopefully)

here's how my successful install went...

You need to delete the NvdaResman.kext from system/library/extensions on your USB Installer before you can boot it. This is the only way I've gotten around the gtx670m not working/black screen.

first you need to get into your bios.
Bios settings:

USB 3.0 off, boot speed normal, under advanced configuration make sure you change uefi to csm (that's the only way unibeast works)

after you've done that, you should be able to do the install with no problem. Let me know if that helped![/SUP]

Many thanks for that tip. I'll give it a go - though I am going to be away for the next few weeks, so it will be a while before I can report back.

In the meantime have you now got a stable ML Qosmio x875?
Is there anything not working (besides WiFi and NVIDIA)

What settings did you use in Multibeast, for when I get that far?

And do you have any other tips?

Thank you so much - indeed I believe 'herelieshope'

I'm still working through the multibeast process, and I should be able to report back with an update soon. Once I managed to get ML installed, everything seemed fine aside from no Wi-Fi and no GTX670M support (which is driving me nuts. At this point I'd even be tempted to use our onboard HD 4000 for graphics for the time being, but I can't figure out how to switch over to that.)

Things that have worked pretty well for me in previous MultiBeasts (I usually end up having a KP and starting the whole process again)

Audio: I use the Voodoo HDA 2.7.3 or 2.7.2 and either one seems fine (you will need a voodoo for audio)
Customizations: I used the 1080P display setting and that fixed the resolution with no trouble.

My KP always seems to come from easybeast, or choosing too many kexts. For some reason USB, Trackpad (not recognized as apple track pad, but as normal mouse) and keyboard die if you don't select stuff for them in MultiBeast, but beforehand they work. This is all going off memory, I'll make sure to pop in and update soon!

Also 9 out of 10 times I get "Installation Failed" On mulibeast, I don't understand why.

It's not that my screen is frozen anywhere, it's that when I multibeast I either end up with a kernel panic, or I end up having the install fail :(

Also still trying to enable QE/CI on my nVidia GTX 670M... but I've managed to get it recognized in about this Mac. Weird, happened by accident. Still no acceleration though.

525227_10151583720014066_421677264_n.jpg

So, it's finals week for this half of the semester... Ahhhhh! 3 days a week for maybe a month, I have been going through a series of install, reformat, reinstall. Choosing as carefully as I can the kexts and plugins and what not to get my Qosmio fully functional. Not the ideal way to prepare for finals, so I am forcing myself to take a break.

All I know for sure, is I have had some good luck with unibeast (just remember as previously stated to go to S/L/Extensions and remove NVDAResman at least temporarily, or you'll never get to the install screen, all you'll get is a black screen.

Google and I have become friends, and even still I can't find a way to get the nVidia GTX670M working, I've gotten it recognized in the system, as seen in my last screenshot, but no QE/CI so... what am I missing?

I did that using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and manually inserting this into the info.plist of NVDAResman.kext and info.plist of NVDAGF100Hal.kext

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x121310de</string>

I'm soooooo very stuck, and without Graphics Acceleration there is really little point to me continuing right now. I will keep researching, and holding out hope that either A.) someone figures out a fix for this, B.) I eventually figure it out myself, which I would then in turn post a tutorial, or C.) A future update for Mountain Lion, or NVidia's Drivers themselves bring support for our GPU (I HOPE THIS WILL HAPPEN SOON)

Until then, I'll be away for a few weeks, good luck, and keep me posted how things go with your Qosmio, and let me know what works for you. I'd like to see this laptop achieve full working status.

Hi,

I'm also trying to enable QE/CI on my gtx670m but i couldn't find any way. I'm getting desperate, like you I spent many hours to travel from topic to topic without finding any solution...

Any news ?

Sorry for my horrible english, I'm french !

My gut feeling is that the issue is either with the 2 GPUs conflicting (Intel and Nvidia) or with the internal screen driver.

Apple are rumored to be announcing new laptops at their WWDC in June. My advice is to buy a MacBook Pro.

Note to Apple: please bring back the 17" MacBook Pro - and please improve the spec to match or exceed other high end laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back