Graphics
EVGA GTX660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I run Unibeast 1.5.2 with 8GB USB stick. It copies over 5 GB of files and directories, but the Install ML app is only 21.8 MB. And the USB stick has only 2.5GB of free space, not enough to manually copy over the Install ML app from the /applications directory since that is 4.37GB. any ideas?

*confused face* .. u dont need to copy the app from application once u have installed via unibeast, basically the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app u downloaded from the store is a package, containing all the files inside it, the unibeast app rearranges that package on the USB still and adds a few files to make it bootable. once u have run unibeast and its completed your USB stick is ready to use.

Now I am confused. How exactly then is the Unibeast USB stick a back up for Mountain Lion if the app is not present in its entirety? What if I wanted to do a clean install onto a new disk? How would this be accomplished?

Who ever called it a backup? This is very simple if you'll let it. Make sure your ML download in in your app directory, run Unibeast 1.5.2 and let up run, it will notify you when it's complete. It requires no intervention or decision making by you. And yes it's all you need to do a new install or an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back