Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got Maverick up and running. I got a update notice and went to update, when I did I was given a error of
(Update Unavailable with This Apple ID) This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID. Sign
in with that Apple ID and try again. After that I get (We could not complete your request.) There was an error
in the App Store. Please try again later. (null).

System is a
Msi Z77 Mpower
Cpu i5-3570k
vid HD4870
bootloader Chimera 2.2.1

You can't update your versions of iPhoto and iMovie, you need to get the new ones on the App-Store.

Can you log-in to the App Store and download other apps?

If the issue is simply iPhone & iMovie, did you install them from a disc? Or purchase an older version in the App Store?

I believe version 8 & 9 of iLife require new purchase via App Store... I have v8, must re-purchase.

It was iLife 11 from a CD. The only one I was hopping to get updated was iPhoto. If I have to buy a new update I guess Ill just hold off.

To work around this problem I removed (completed deleted) the application that would not update. Then I reinstalled the software from CD. Without running the program log in to iTunes and check for updates. You should now be eligible for the update under your current account.

So far this remains one of the last issues facing my build as well. I just attempted the fix mentioned, i.e., deleting and then re-installing the iLife 11 from CD but the update still won't work. I get a message saying,

"Update Unavailable with this Apple ID This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

My issue is a little different. I don't have these apps installed but I have the updates constantly in app store. How do I remove the updates from app store? I cannot delete the apps because they are not installed.

So far this remains one of the last issues facing my build as well. I just attempted the fix mentioned, i.e., deleting and then re-installing the iLife 11 from CD but the update still won't work. I get a message saying,

"Update Unavailable with this Apple ID This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

I am having the same issue and have been unable to find any work arounds. Has anyone had any luck getting past this issue? I have done a fresh install, attempted to install from disk, I have attempted to update through App Store, all of the options are leading to the same issue of "Update Unavailable with this Apple ID This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled." Please let me know if anyone has solved this puzzle.

It doesn't seem like anyone has a solution for this. I know when I updated to iLife '11, I did it with a disk. A disk I no longer have and apparently under an account I no longer have. Now, in Yosemite, I can't even open iPhoto due to the capability issues. I'd be more than happy to purchase iPhoto so I can keep the thousands of pics I've collected over the years. How can I "delete" the old app and install a fresh version without losing my Library?

I might break down and ask someone at the Apple store. Not likely anyone at Apple will support a Mackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back