fast boot disabled
launch CSM disabled
network stack disabled
intel AES-NI enabled
internal pointing device enabled
wake on lid open disabled
power off energy saving enabled

Problem:
I am trying to install High Sierra to a Samsung 840Pro SSD as a fresh install.
I previously installed High Sierra to the SSD a week ago by following the laptop install guide here (the SSD had originally been formatted as a non-system Windows drive that I was able to reformat to GPT with the installer). I was not able to get a satisfactory installation in terms of some of the components, like the trackpad, functioning properly, so I restarted the process. I have not been able to re-erase and reformat the SSD since the initial reformat last week.

Clover launches and I choose "boot macOS Install from install_osx"
Installation begins but stalls on a screen that shows four lines of garbled graphics at the top
After maybe 20 minutes of that, the screen updates and just shows two lines, refreshing every few seconds with an incremented number in the com.apple.WindowServer.xxx statement.

Last lines showing on screen are:
MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer.826) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

The attached screencaps and Clover files have DSDT and SSDT patches for the NVidia optimus problem as well as the [usb] 7-series/8-series USB patch and the [sys] Haswell LPC patch. However, the installation stall I am experiencing is grossly the same as what I had experienced when I attempted the installation prior to making these patches.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • screencaps.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 93
ASUS N550JV 4700HQ (Clover UEFI)
i7-4700HQ 8-series/C220 series chipset
HD4600 + NVidia GT750M

BIOS settings:
Intel virtualization technology disabled
VT-d disabled
DVMT pre-allocated 128M
legacy USB support enabled
xhci pre-boot mode Smart Auto
fast boot disabled
launch CSM disabled
network stack disabled
intel AES-NI enabled
internal pointing device enabled
wake on lid open disabled
power off energy saving enabled

Problem:
I am trying to install High Sierra to a Samsung 840Pro SSD as a fresh install.
I previously installed High Sierra to the SSD a week ago by following the laptop install guide here (the SSD had originally been formatted as a non-system Windows drive that I was able to reformat to GPT with the installer). I was not able to get a satisfactory installation in terms of some of the components, like the trackpad, functioning properly, so I restarted the process. I have not been able to re-erase and reformat the SSD since the initial reformat last week.

Clover launches and I choose "boot macOS Install from install_osx"
Installation begins but stalls on a screen that shows four lines of garbled graphics at the top
After maybe 20 minutes of that, the screen updates and just shows two lines, refreshing every few seconds with an incremented number in the com.apple.WindowServer.xxx statement.

Last lines showing on screen are:
MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer.826) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

The attached screencaps and Clover files have DSDT and SSDT patches for the NVidia optimus problem as well as the [usb] 7-series/8-series USB patch and the [sys] Haswell LPC patch. However, the installation stall I am experiencing is grossly the same as what I had experienced when I attempted the installation prior to making these patches.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thanks for replying, RehabMan.

Please tell me specifically what information is missing, so that I can make it easier to get help. I attached the /EFI/CLOVER zip and screenshots of the failed boot into the installer in verbose mode in the initial post.

I know it's annoying for you and others to have to tell each person asking for help to read the instructions and provide the basic info--I've seen you asking for that info in many, many threads. So I tried to provide all the information I was able to in my initial post.

I do not know how to get to a terminal prompt on the laptop to be able to run patchmatic or ioregistryexplorer or the script provided by @black.dragon74. The laptop has no working OS on it, and when I boot from the USB, it opens straight into Clover.

I have been reading and re-reading the threads you linked to above over the past 2 weeks, and trying to follow them.
I am not sure where I am going wrong.

Disregard. I found my error.

Thanks for replying, RehabMan.

Please tell me specifically what information is missing, so that I can make it easier to get help. I attached the /EFI/CLOVER zip and screenshots of the failed boot into the installer in verbose mode in the initial post.

I know it's annoying for you and others to have to tell each person asking for help to read the instructions and provide the basic info--I've seen you asking for that info in many, many threads. So I tried to provide all the information I was able to in my initial post.

I do not know how to get to a terminal prompt on the laptop to be able to run patchmatic or ioregistryexplorer or the script provided by @black.dragon74. The laptop has no working OS on it, and when I boot from the USB, it opens straight into Clover.

I have been reading and re-reading the threads you linked to above over the past 2 weeks, and trying to follow them.
I am not sure where I am going wrong.
Disregard. I found my error.

As per guide, you need to follow this link:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back