Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello:

This is my configuration:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/44398-success-asrock-z68m-itx-i5-2500k-silverstone-sg05b.html

I recently upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite with some difficulty in installation. After some tinkering, I was able to get everything up and running. Yet, now I am having difficulty in reaching my desktop. You see, I use an HDMI to my LCD to get display/audio out of my Hackintosh. However, the only way to get past the Apple boot screen is to connect a VGA cable and write: "-x -v". This displays picture on LCD using VGA. I press the restart button, disconnect VGA and on reboot I get display out of HDMI.

If I reboot again, it won't work unless I do the entire process with VGA beforehand. This is strange, to say the least. I had to do something similar to this (connecting VGA and quickly disconnecting before boot screen) for the Yosemite installation. It happens with GraphicsEnabler set to Yes and No. I also installed the Intel Graphics option on the Graphics section of Multibeast with same results.

Any ideas?

it seems weird, but try doing maxmem=4096 or maxmem=8192. That is what i was using to get passed the kernel panics and gray screens.

Where is maxmem found?

its a bootloader so you can either use it at your drive selection just like -v and -x or put it in your org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

it seems weird, but try doing maxmem=4096 or maxmem=8192. That is what i was using to get passed the kernel panics and gray screens.

That didn't work. I believe it has something to do with VGA, HDMI. It's weird because it never happened with Mavericks or ML. Again, I can only get it to the desktop after booting with "-x" and letting it hang on boot. Afterwards, I press restart and it goes straight to desktop by way of HDMI without typing anything. When in verbose, it hangs on the IOBluetooth text which has been linked with VGA/HDMI problems.

Yet, why would booting into safe mode first solve this without any other thing done? After shutting down, I need to do everything again from scratch.

I'm still unable to fix this or know why it is happening. Any ideas?

Update: At the moment, can boot through VGA but won't get any picture from HDMI now. This was after having new boot.plst done. I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes, UseKernelCache=No.

HDMI used to work fine before upgrade and before rewriting boot.plst. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back