Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there, I have a problem here with OSX 10.6.8. I installed Recycle 2.1.2 which happens to be a PPC app. The main problem is that it keeps crashing on start-up. This is just part of the crash report:

Code:
Process:         ReCycle [402]
Path:            /Applications/ReCycle/ReCycle
Identifier:      se.propellerheads.recycle
Version:         2.1.2 (2.1.2)
Code Type:       PPC (Translated)
Parent Process:  launchd [97]
Date/Time:       2011-10-03 20:12:45.956 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version:  6
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

I tried so many things, but at this point i just need some damn help. I've tried reinstalling Rosetta from the Mac install disk. I've tried replacing the default translate file with one I found online. I've tried repairing disk permissions. I've tried reinstalling the program. Most of the solutions I've found online seem to work for only 10.5 and earlier. So can anyone please help this tired soul to fix this s***?

This might not be of much help but if the app has not been updated to work with 10.6.X, it might not be compatible with it therefore it will just not work.

Their website confirms that its compatible with 10.6, doesnt really say anything about 10.6.8.
http://www.propellerheads.se/support_ar ... eopardinfo

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility
Apple have released a new operating system, Mac OS X 10.6 also known as Snow Leopard. Our products have been tested on this new OS X version and we are happy to report that all our applications are fully functional.

Please note the following non-critical issues:

ReCycle – You need to activate Rosetta to make ReCycle work. This is similar to what happened if you ran ReCycle on a Intel-based Mac under Mac OS X 10.5.

I've gotten the program to stop crashing. The problem now is that it doesn't even start. I went to activity monitor to check for either the translate or Recycle process, but they're no where to be found. I'm gonna try repairing disk permissions again to see if the changes I made in the kernel affected anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back