Contribute
Register

Unable to mount external drives and main internal drive listed twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
BLARG
CPU
HA
Graphics
MEH
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
http://i.imgur.com/rIVLXdb.png

I plug my usb drives into any of the ports and they dont show up in explorer. They'll be recognised as plugged in because the system plays a sound and they can be safely removed in the taskbar.

The above link goes to an image relating to the second issue. The main TB drive with MACOSX and windows 7 installed on it seems to be listed under both disk0 and disk1 with different parameters. The disk0 has the correct sizes, disk1 shows some rather odd data. The only partition that can be opened in explorer is C with my windows 7 installed on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

On XP they do not show up at all, if I remember.
USB and eSATA can act temperamental.
Try plugging in before boot. Always plug it in the same place.

There is a product called Paragon to assist in your situation.
It allows you to read mac disk on windwos and windows disks on mac.
This products may work fine with a mac but it has caused problems with hacks.

Looked at your png. Why it is organized the way it is, is a mystery.
To quote an Aussie on the site "my car won't start..it is blue..can you help"
It is not clear what you are trying to do.

Im aware of paragon software, i have hfs+ by paragon on disc. Im not using that yet. Im also running windows 7, not xp, but ill try rebooting with it plugged in.

The image is confusing to me too. The first disk holds EFI, Mac OSX and windows. The second 'disk' shouldnt even be there because I only have one hard disk plugged in through sata.

Disk 2 is the usb drive im trying to get working. It shows here but not in explorer. Right clicking gives no options except something to do with dynamic storage.

Then there's the optical drive as disk 3.

okay that was incredibly stupid of me. -_-

disk1 was my usb3 seagate drive. i actually forgot it was plugged in to the back of my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back