Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

I have been trying to use the iBoot Haswell method to install snow leopard so that I can upgrade to Mavericks, but I am having issues right out of the gate.

When I boot to the iBoot screen, I take out the iboot disc and insert the snow leopard retail disc. However, when I press F5 and hit enter to boot to the OS X installation disc, my computer screen goes black for about 45-60seconds and then shows an Apple logo screen, with some errors in the background and a statement in like 5 languages telling me the installation failed and I need to restart.

Here is my build:

ASUS z-87a motherboard
Haswell 4670k
Nvidia GTX 760

I am using an external USB drive since I didn't include an internal one - didn't think id even need it! I enabled AHCI, HPET 64bit enabled by default, and boot priority is set to the external CD drive. Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated! Thank you

ALSO!!! Since I already have a mac, do I have to still install Snow Leopard first, or can I put Mavericks on to a USB/DVD drive? Do I have to flash/replace the BIOS on my computer???

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to use the iBoot Haswell method to install snow leopard so that I can upgrade to Mavericks, but I am having issues right out of the gate.

When I boot to the iBoot screen, I take out the iboot disc and insert the snow leopard retail disc. However, when I press F5 and hit enter to boot to the OS X installation disc, my computer screen goes black for about 45-60seconds and then shows an Apple logo screen, with some errors in the background and a statement in like 5 languages telling me the installation failed and I need to restart.

Here is my build:

ASUS z-87a motherboard
Haswell 4670k
Nvidia GTX 760

I am using an external USB drive since I didn't include an internal one - didn't think id even need it! I enabled AHCI, HPET 64bit enabled by default, and boot priority is set to the external CD drive. Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated! Thank you

ALSO!!! Since I already have a mac, do I have to still install Snow Leopard first, or can I put Mavericks on to a USB/DVD drive? Do I have to flash/replace the BIOS on my computer???

Nightsd

first of you need to remove the video card and set up the bios for only the onboard HD4600 GFX
Set video to internal and 64 megs video ram.

Not sure of the use of a USB Media Drive. We highly suggest a DVD drive attached to a SATA cable. If you can disassemble that USB drive and attach it w a SATA cable try that.

Follow the section in the Forum on Installing OSX SL on Haswell Hardware.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-haswell-based-pcs.html

You will need to use the iBOOT haswell CD and this will need to be attached to a SATA port.

As you have a K series processor disable VT-d in the BIOS....

Use these boot switches -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No then see if you can get to the install screen and format your Hard Drive.

Thanks SO much totenkopf!

So if I remove the GTX 760 graphics card and successfully install Snow Leopard, then update to Mavericks, can I put the video card back in and run it just fine in OS X?

Nightsd...

Yes that would be the plan.
Once on the Mavericks OSX version You may need to include the nVidia Drivers which can be downloaded from Nvidia website I believe.
Now OSX does have or includes there Drivers for nVidia Cards so you may not need them (nVidia).

Suggest you search w Google on these terms "Maverick + nVidia 760" and see what hits you get.
Lots of info from out site and you tube videos as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back