Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA B75M-D3P
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Hi all, I'm struggling with installation on a new build – it's the CustoMac Budget ATX recommended build as of Oct 2018, using
  • Gigabyte H370 HD3
  • Core i3-8100
  • no graphics card (onboard graphics only)
I've been experiencing sudden reboots before the installation finishes. This seems very strange, since it's a recommended build and I'm using Unibeast and the guide. I will add that this is my fifth Hackintosh build overall since 2012, so I'm somewhat used to troubleshooting tricky issues, but I'm stumped here.

I gave up on my original USB installer drive because it would only go so far before the screen would go dark and nothing would happen. I tried it on every USB port on the machine and added USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext to my Unibeast drive's EFI. I couldn't boot to the installer and would see this error in verbose:
IOConsoleUsers - installing from USB.jpg
This seems odd because everything I can find about IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0 involves issues with an Nvidia card, which is not the case here – I'm using onboard graphics.

I gave up on the USB drive and used Unibeast to create an installer from an old partitioned platter drive, so I could bypass USB and try SATA. This actually worked! I did have to add the USBInjectAll.kext but I was able to get to the installer, format my new SSD destination drive, and start the installation process. The Hackintosh rebooted with 2 minutes to go on the initial install, but now when I boot the SSD for the second part of the installation process, it says "About 15 minutes remaining" and then about 30 seconds into the installation, it reboots. In verbose mode, I get this error:
EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY - installing from SATA drive.jpg
I never end up with more than about 6 GB of data on the destination drive, and I've tried wiping the drive and installing again several times now.

This seems unusually difficult for a recommended build, which I think should be pretty smooth sailing, even if it's with Mojave. I haven't found other threads with people experiencing these exact problems. Is there a simple thing I'm missing or doing wrong to get this result?

Attachments

• IMG_20181031_221805.jpg
    IMG_20181031_221805.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 86
Well, I threw in the towel in Mojave. I was able to successfully install High Sierra instead. I guess I'll wait a while to upgrade.

chirpo:

I have *exactly* the same problems with the same hardware. I also bought my hardware based on TonyMacx86 recommendations.

Ironically I had a previously working hackintosh based on ramdom hardware -- just decided to give it a shot and it worked.

Sure would like to get to the bottom of this one. I feel like they should maybe put some warnings on the hardware recommendation section about this mb/cpu combo and Mojave.

The Hackintosh rebooted with 2 minutes to go on the initial install, but now when I boot the SSD for the second part of the installation process, it says "About 15 minutes remaining" and then about 30 seconds into the installation, it reboots.

The reboot after 2 minutes did not seem to be a normal mac installer reboot for me. Verbose was showing a SIGSEGV.

Like you, is the installation of Mojava solved?

Like you, is the installation of Mojava solved?
Partially. I installed HS, then did the standard upgrade which is documented elsewhere on the site (basically just prepping your EFI partition -- not difficult). So I got Mojave installed and running. Don't use onboard sound so don't know about that.

I have not gotten iMessage working.
I have not gotten sleep working.

I'll try those when I have some time. For now it does what I need (i.e., Xcode)

Partially. I installed HS, then did the standard upgrade which is documented elsewhere on the site (basically just prepping your EFI partition -- not difficult). So I got Mojave installed and running. Don't use onboard sound so don't know about that.

I have not gotten iMessage working.
I have not gotten sleep working.

I'll try those when I have some time. For now it does what I need (i.e., Xcode)
Thx for your reply.
I successfully installed the HS, also have some problem:
1. Sleep not work(computer directly reboot)
2. The onboard audio can output sound, can't input sound when I use headphone with mic(insert into green sound port)

Thx for your reply.
I successfully installed the HS, also have some problem:
1. Sleep not work(computer directly reboot)
2. The onboard audio can output sound, can't input sound when I use headphone with mic(insert into green sound port)

Can't help you with the audio problem. With hackintosh I try to avoid as many issues as possible by using USB components. So I have a USB DAC/amp/speakers, and a Logitech Webcam which has a mic built in. All of this "just works" and so one less thing to worry about. I just disable audio in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back