Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you're unable to install macOS Sonoma 14.4 update (released today, 7 March 2024) then make sure the SecureBootModel is set to Disabled (instead of Default). After Sonoma has updated successfully, you can change SecureBootModel back to Default if you wish.

config.plist → Misc → Security → SecureBootModel = Disabled

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 2.33.34 PM.png

It's also better to read this again when attempting to change SecureBootModel. Keeping it "Disabled" does lower the security when the computer is accessible by someone else.

Keeping it "Disabled" does lower the security when the computer is accessible by someone else.
Security on a Hackintosh? :lol:
Idiocy! :banghead:

Security on a Hackintosh? :lol:
Idiocy! :banghead:
There were some discussions about SecureBootModel three years ago.

I've tried this but I still get the "do not proceed" symbol when booting into the installer from the open core menu. I've tried OC 0.9.3 through 0.9.8.Im not using the update through system settings. I'm using the install file downloaded from gibmacos.

if install latest Sonoma from scratch, there should be also SecureBootModel set to Disabled
and what should csr-active-config be then?: 00000000 / FF0F0000 or 03080000?

No matter what combinations of settings I try: Software Update either offers me the full 13,6 GB installer, or if I manage to get the 2GB update displayed and click "continue", next comes the error "A snapshot is currently set to boot that is not the currently booted snapshot." etc.

OC 0.9.8 + latest kexts. Same thing with latest Clover.

The Monterey update (just the 1,x GB) went fine.

If you managed to have just the incremental 2GB update install in Sonoma, can you please share all necessary settings (or best even your config.plist with individual data scrubbed).

Thanks

Last edited:
No matter what combinations of settings I try: Software Update either offers me the full 13,6 GB installer, or if I manage to get the 2GB update displayed and click "continue", next comes the error "A snapshot is currently set to boot that is not the currently booted snapshot." etc.

OC 0.9.8 + latest kexts. Same thing with latest Clover.

The Monterey update (just the 1,x GB) went fine.

If you managed to have just the incremental 2GB update install in Sonoma, can you please share all necessary settings (or best even your config.plist with individual data scrubbed).

Thanks
Hello,
You can try to download the latest full installer of Sonoma (12.12 GB) from App Store.
After downloading, try to install it.

Do not mix Clover and OC !
Also, you may take into account the latest stable version of OC ( 0.9.9 ).

Cheers :)

1710187018458.png

I know I can dl and run the latest full installer - that's how I installed the last update. I'd like to get the small 1-3 GB incremental updates back, not just for Monterey where they still work but also for Sonoma.

Clover is in a separate EFI with exact same kexts, ACPI and settings in config.plist incl. platform info. That's never caused any issue for years. As a matter of fact, Clover was first, then OC followed ;)

Thanks for the hint that OC 0.9.9 was just released a few hours ago.

So, Cosmix: were you able to update to Sonoma 14.4 from 14.3 via the small 2GB OTA update in Software Update? Mind that to see the real size it's necessary to click onto "More Info" (!!)

Back