Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z490-A
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Hi everyone

I succesfully installed os x 10.6.4 on my asus P5K (which I crossflashed to the P5KR bios to enable AHCI) using Multibeast and some kext and a DSDT file I found on the osx86 wiki for my specific motherboard.
Most functions are working, except for the fact that when I boot with my USB HDD connected the bootloader won't even start and I get this error message:

"ERROR parsing device path
ERROR parsing device path
ERROR: Unable to find SMBIOS"

The USB HDD is partitioned with mbr into a HFS+ partition and a FAT32 partition. I tried connecting it to different usb ports and even a powered usb hub, but it always ends up in me having to unplug the drive and replug it when booted into the os x.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since this is extremely annoying.

pieje said:
Hi everyone

The HDD is partitioned with mbr into a HFS+ partition and a FAT32 partition.

HDD must be GUID - not MBR for SL.

Going Bald said:
pieje said:
Hi everyone

The HDD is partitioned with mbr into a HFS+ partition and a FAT32 partition.

HDD must be GUID - not MBR for SL.

Yeah but snow leopard isn't installed to the USB HDD, its installed on an internal SATA HDD which is correctly partitioned as GUID, and like I said, I am able to boot just fine when the USB HDD isn't connected, but it is getting tiresome to unplug and replug it all the time.

pieje said:
Yeah but snow leopard isn't installed to the USB HDD, its installed on an internal SATA HDD which is correctly partitioned as GUID, and like I said, I am able to boot just fine when the USB HDD isn't connected, but it is getting tiresome to unplug and replug it all the time.
Making sure I got this right - problem is:
No USB HD plugged in, internal HD boots with no problem
USB HD plugged in, you get a boot error

If above is correct - try this:
Check bios hdd listing for boot order - make it HD, CD, DVD (important thing here is to make sure HD listed only once and usb drives not in list at all)
in HD list, make sure USB HD is last in boot order if it shows up in the list at all

Attachments

• DisplayVendorID-30e4.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 58
Going Bald said:
Making sure I got this right - problem is:
No USB HD plugged in, internal HD boots with no problem
USB HD plugged in, you get a boot error

If above is correct - try this:
Check bios hdd listing for boot order - make it HD, CD, DVD (important thing here is to make sure HD listed only once and usb drives not in list at all)
in HD list, make sure USB HD is last in boot order if it shows up in the list at all
Yeah you got it right, And I already checked the BIOS boot order (but rechecked it anyway), and I think that's not the problem cause in the harddisks section the USB HDD shows up as the last in the boot order.

Doesn't anyone here have a solution for this?

Ok I managed to solve it by disabling the legacy usb support option in the BIOS and installing the new Chameleon 2.0 RC5 prerelease that comes with Multibeast 2.4.1 (Don't know if that last one was really necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back