Contribute
Register

Unable to enter bootloader (attempting to install High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG H370-i Gaming
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am unable to enter the bootloader. After a black screen, the BIOS gets shown again.

Setup:
Motherboard: Asus ROG H370-i
CPU: i5-8500
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666, 32GB (manually set to 2666, system was proposing 2133)
GPU: iGPU (no eGPU)
(SSD: Doesn't matter for the actual problem)

Is it likely an error with my bootable USB stick? I followed all the BIOS settings from the tutorial. While creating the USB stick things seemed to be stuck (looking onto the actual space used on the USB stick - not only the progress bar!). However I didn't touch it and after some time (hours) the dialogue for creating the bootable USB stick was gone so I assumed it might be alright. However I didn't notice any additional space consumption on the USB stick since the point when the whole process seemed to be stuck.

I have a Macbook Pro at home, can I somehow check if the USB stick is alright? I saw that a 16 GB stick is needed according to the tutorial but on mine not even 6 GB are in use. Maybe there's the error?

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

The USB boot stick seems normal when looking at the contents with my MBP. Actually it's under 5 GB (is that normal? Why would 16 GB be adviced if only 5 GB are needed? That seems strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back