Motherboard
Gigabyte H55M S2
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
8400 GS
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello all, I successfully booted High Sierra Installation using the bellow methods but Disk I/O Error is my worst enemy so far I have been trying to get both my WD HDD drives to be detected by High sierra USB Installation disk utility to prepare my partitions, but so far no success. PS: The USB is for detected using USB1, And USB2.

I searched for this problem and I find out that there is a problem in booting some SATA drivers due to the behaviour of AppleAHCIPort.kext `version 239` which should be replaced with 'version 238`

So how to fix such a thing and passing this issue is there any way to burn the installation so I can replace this kext and detect my hard disk and complete the installation ?

Method used:
1) Download High sierra from App store from my super working 10.12.6 in the signature.
2) CreateInstaller method `sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume`
3) Updated clover and added my mostly used kext (VoodooPS2, Realtek8111, FakeSMC)
4) Added apfs.efi to driver64 and driverUEFI64 and checked if it's successfully loaded by using `bdmesg` from Sierra 10.12.6.
5) Using iMac 14,1 SMCBios.
6) I have two graphic cards Nvidia 8400 GS and Sapphire RX 460, and for now I just boot with inject nvidia, I do not worry that much about RX since I can use lilu or use 8400 as helper but that's not my concern meanwhile.

Hard disk used:
WDC WD5000AADS-00M2B0 500 GB (Linux and macOS)
WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 1TB

DiskUtil:

Code:
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk0
   1:               Windows_NTFS compo                   500.1 GB   disk0s1
   2:               Windows_NTFS compa                  431.9 GB   disk0s2
   3:               Windows_NTFS windloka                  68.1 GB    disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS sierra               199.8 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk1s3
   4:           Linux Filesystem                         30.0 GB    disk1s4
   5:           Linux Filesystem                         100.1 GB   disk1s5
   6:                  Apple_HFS highsierra              169.1 GB   disk1s6

I have the same issue! Can't get installer to read my perfectly working SSD nor can I directly upgrade. I'm using an older system like you as well (sandy bridge). Anyone have a fix for this?

try connecting your SSD externally. should be able to install the OS.

Hello guys i had the same issue, just plug your hdd (hackintosh power off...) to a slower SATA controller !: Avoid the SATA 6gb/s and all will roll smoothly with your install.

Hello guys i had the same issue, just plug your hdd (hackintosh power off...) to a slower SATA controller !: Avoid the SATA 6gb/s and all will roll smoothly with your install.
Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.
See [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and try new ICH patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back