Contribute
Register

Unable to boot the installer MAC OS X 10.7.4 + Clover EFI + X3100 = BLACK SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Win 8.1
CPU
T2390
Graphics
X3100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've got a Compaq A900 laptop and I want to install Lion (32 Bits) on it, by using Clover EFI, but I've got a black screen before loading the installer.

I'm using the last version of Clover EFI, in legacy mode.

Clover sees my laptop as a Macbook 2,1, with X3100 Graphics.

I think that I make a bad config.plist, that why I'm posting here, for some help.

The big issue is that I tried many options in Clover, to make my X3100 GPU (2a02 rev 03) working. Like Inject Intel, or Load vbios, and Patch vbios. I've even tried to delete the unused VGA port (with the help of the developer of Clover EFI) without success.

On time (without Inject Intel selected) I'm ending on a black screen. On another time, (with Inject Intel selected) I'm ending on a white screen, with a spinning wheel :beachball: instead of the normal cursor of the mouse.

Just before these situations, the verbose mode gives me this error :

Code:
[I]ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin[/I]::[I]registerLPCDriver[/I] - [I]failed to locate SMC driver[/I]

Do you know what I should select in my config.plist, file, to make my laptop run the Lion installer properly, without black screen or white screen with :beachball: ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I've got a Compaq A900 laptop and I want to install Lion (32 Bits) on it, by using Clover EFI, but I've got a black screen before loading the installer.

I'm using the last version of Clover EFI, in legacy mode.

Clover sees my laptop as a Macbook 2,1, with X3100 Graphics.

I think that I make a bad config.plist, that why I'm posting here, for some help.

The big issue is that I tried many options in Clover, to make my X3100 GPU (2a02 rev 03) working. Like Inject Intel, or Load vbios, and Patch vbios. I've even tried to delete the unused VGA port (with the help of the developer of Clover EFI) without success.

On time (without Inject Intel selected) I'm ending on a black screen. On another time, (with Inject Intel selected) I'm ending on a white screen, with a spinning wheel :beachball: instead of the normal cursor of the mouse.

Just before these situations, the verbose mode gives me this error :

Code:
[I]ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin[/I]::[I]registerLPCDriver[/I] - [I]failed to locate SMC driver[/I]

Do you know what I should select in my config.plist, file, to make my laptop run the Lion installer properly, without black screen or white screen with :beachball: ?

Thank you.

Did you install FakeSMC?

As far as the graphics chip, it is probably best to do a Unibeast/Multibeast install, then look at the properties injected on the graphics device with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (look in ioreg). You can duplicate the same properties with config.plist/Devices/AddProperties.

Yes, I have put the last FakeSMC.kext in my kext/10.7 folder.

I will try to install Lion with Unibeast, it will help me to configure Clover properly.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I followed the Yosemite installation guide with Clover, and added the needed kext in the kext folder of Clover.

Yes, I followed the Yosemite installation guide with Clover, and added the needed kext in the kext folder of Clover.

I'm just saying it is not the 'kext' folder. It is 'EFI/Clover/kexts/10.7'

And Clover will not inject it unless you have the correct settings for InjectKexts in config.plist.

That may be the missing point of my config.plist.

I didn't selected any option about kext injecting in my config.plist.

I thought the kexts were automatically injected in Clover.

I will try to select the kext injection in the config.plist.

Thanks for your help, It may work after this. :)

I added the kext injection in my config.plist file, but this ends to the issues I mentionned before : black screen or white screen, with spinning wheel.

Thanks again for your help, I will try to install Lion with Unibeast, maybe I will be more lucky
with it.

I added the kext injection in my config.plist file, but this ends to the issues I mentionned before : black screen or white screen, with spinning wheel.

Thanks again for your help, I will try to install Lion with Unibeast, maybe I will be more lucky
with it.

Are you booting 32-bit (arch=i386)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back