Contribute
Register

Unable to boot into Yosemite after upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire E5-471
CPU
Intel Core i3-4030U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400/ GeForce 820M Optimus
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Recently, I just upgraded to Gainward Phantom GTX 970 from a Galaxy GTX 570. Assuming I can plug and play, things didn't work out the same way. I had to boot into Safe Boot to install Nvidia Web Drivers. But it still KP after trying to boot into Yosemite. Bootflags I have tried: nvda_drv=1, kext_dev_mode=1, npci=0x2000/npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=Yes.
Please help me:D, thank you!

Full specs:
Mobo: Asrock Z97 Anniversary
Processor: Intel i5-4670k OCed @ 3.8Ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 Mhz 4GBx2
Kingston Value RAM 1333Mhz 2GBx2
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 in a push pull config
SSD: Sandisk Ultra II 240G (Hackintosh)
Kingston V300 120G (Windows)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB
Graphics: Gainward Phantom GTX 970
PSU: FSP Raider 650W 80+ Silver certified
Casing: NZXT H440

Recently, I just upgraded to Gainward Phantom GTX 970 from a Galaxy GTX 570. Assuming I can plug and play, things didn't work out the same way. I had to boot into Safe Boot to install Nvidia Web Drivers. But it still KP after trying to boot into Yosemite. Bootflags I have tried: nvda_drv=1, kext_dev_mode=1, npci=0x2000/npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=Yes.
Please help me:D, thank you!

It probably won't help you any but kext_dev_mode=1 is wrong, it should be kext-dev-mode=1.

Boot with -v and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

IMG_20150225_235534.jpg
There you go, it did not even bother to load up the OS, only if I press safe mode it would load
While it may not boot normally, I can still install drivers or do basic things in safe mode. Is there anything I can do?

View attachment 127956
There you go, it did not even bother to load up the OS, only if I press safe mode it would load
While it may not boot normally, I can still install drivers or do basic things in safe mode. Is there anything I can do?

Why do you have Voodoo PS/2 drivers installed ?

Did you make your Unibeast install drive with laptop support ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back