nVidia GTS 450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

After 2 days of fighting this I finally got Clover to install Mac OS 10.11 on my SSD I have installed in a new system. I had to use the USB kext fix to allow it to see my USB 3.0 ports (Pike's fix). However now that it's installed and I've had it reboot I am unable to get Clover to successfully boot into the new Mac OS X install. I do see the SSD it's installed on in the Clover menu. It's not applying the USB kext fix like before no matter what I do and I know that's what the issue is. It also does not see my SATA port to have it boot to the SSD which I think is related. It's just odd that all of a sudden it doesn't want to apply the correct USB fix.

Here are my system specs:
i5-6500
MSI Z170M motherboard
16GB (2X8) Corsair DDR4
Nvidia GTS 450 (yes, I know it's an older GPU).

Help!! I'm just about ready to give up and just dual boot Windows 10 and Linux. :(

I tried it again after rebuilding the USB drive via UniBeast and copying over the kext files and getting the config.plist file configured. The USB ports will work fine for the install and I am able to reboot into El Capitan once, using the USB boot drive of course. It's after I run MultiBeast and reboot where the USB drive no longer starts the USB ports, as well as the SATA drives.

OK, so, plug in the USB install drive. User your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device. Select UEFI:YourUSBDrive as the boot device. At the Clover menu, navigate to "Boot Mac OS X from YourSystemDrive". Hit space bar and select verbose boot. Finally, post a photo of the screen where it stops or just before it reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back