Contribute
Register

Unable to boot into El Capitan HDD anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya,

So my hack was working fine for over a year now. However the last days it decided to not boot. Basically, I've had to always boot from the clover manager on the install USB I have made, as it never booted if I took the USB out, however, this has now stopped working.

1. Originally it would boot to the USB stick, then I would manually select the main HDD, then it would boot
  2. Then it started not booting to the HDD at all when selected in clover. It would get to the apple logo, load a bit then the monitor would go black
  3. I took the HDD out and using my mac laptop used multibeast to try and solve the problem on said HDD
  4. Now the system won't even boot to my clover USB loader unless the HDD is removed from the system
  5. I can't even get to the bios or boot settings when the HDD is connected internally, only when just the clover USB is :(
Really lost and not sure where to start! Help much appreciated!

Hiya,

So my hack was working fine for over a year now. However the last days it decided to not boot. Basically, I've had to always boot from the clover manager on the install USB I have made, as it never booted if I took the USB out, however, this has now stopped working.

1. Originally it would boot to the USB stick, then I would manually select the main HDD, then it would boot
  2. Then it started not booting to the HDD at all when selected in clover. It would get to the apple logo, load a bit then the monitor would go black
  3. I took the HDD out and using my mac laptop used multibeast to try and solve the problem on said HDD
  4. Now the system won't even boot to my clover USB loader unless the HDD is removed from the system
  5. I can't even get to the bios or boot settings when the HDD is connected internally, only when just the clover USB is :(
Really lost and not sure where to start! Help much appreciated!

You can't even get to the BIOS when the HDD is connected? That sounds to me like a problem with your HDD.

Do you have another HDD to try to connect to the motherboard? If that HDD allows you to enter the BIOS and is visible from the BIOS, then that almost certainly means your original HDD has a hardware problem. In that case it may be time to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back