Contribute
Register

Unable to boot after MultiBeast (only iBoot) - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, where did you get it? I went to the Apple store and was told the only way to get the Lion was to download it from Apple, when I attempt I get the following message:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

How did you get around it???

borczm said:
btw, where did you get it? I went to the Apple store and was told the only way to get the Lion was to download it from Apple, when I attempt I get the following message:

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

How did you get around it???

This is a problem with you ethernet card not being detected as built-in = true and en0

if you go to finder then from the menu chose
Go -> Go to Folder
Then type /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
From the folder open the NetworkInterfaces.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Interfaces</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Active</key>
<true/>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
bPBJwTIg
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>

See the above entries in red (There is more in the file but they are the line that need to be fixed) You cannot do this by typing it in you will need to enter a efi string for your graphics card.

Instructions for generating a efi string for you ethernet are at
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 14349.html

Once you have added the generated string to com.apple.Boot.plist in Extra folder you will also have to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist file and the Network interfaces in System Preferences -> Network. Then you reboot which will generate a new NetworkInterfaces.plist file you can check that this has worked by looking at the new file the red entries should now be correct and you will be able to enter the mac appstore. you could also use google to find a copy at the usual sources and then purchase once they have fixed these errors. I don't usually advocate using unofficial sources but as apple have dropped the ball here I think that its ok as long as you intend to purchase once they have ironed out the Macstore bugs.

Your answer is perhaps beyond me without some sleep and a few coffees in the morning, but it is also eerily similar to the actual mac users workaround for the same problem on non hackintosh macs. See this thread:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3175514?start=0&tstart=0

I have ordered a cheap usb sound device since I now finally have my on board audio recognized in system profiler, yet still no actual sound. The app store issue is more important now since as soon as I can get in I will start working on a lion install. MY mb is sandy bridge and it seems only Lion has full support.

I have the same problem..
working on Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, Radeon 4770..
Folowing instructions I instaled Snow Leopard and upgrade it succesfully to 10.6.8 but through all the time when I boot I nedd to use PCIRootUIC=1 otherwise nothing happend.
After use Multibeast I can only boot from cd.
When try to boot from the disk even use PCIRootUIC=1 commend have very simmiliar screen...
Maybe I shoud change the grafoc card? Which are the best for hacintosh?

Kris, thanks for your detailed instructions, I'll give it a try in a few days when I have more time and let you know how it went.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back