Contribute
Register

Unable to boot after 10.8.2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I did a fresh install.

In 10.8.0, after installing everything my system was working fine.

After the 10.8.2, I was stuck on the "Still waiting for root device" again. I tried to fix it without any patch, with the AHCI patch from the ProBook Installer 6b9 and with the manual AHCI patch, and the problem was the same.

My system was only booting with the "-f" flag. So, I tried to fix permissions and rebuild cache on Kext Wizard. Nothing happened.

And then, by a random try, I've put the "PCIRoot=1" flag. And it worked. My system is booting in 25 seconds.

To make it easier and automatic, I've put the "PCIRoot=1" in the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" on the "\Extra" folder.

My question is: Is it normal to boot with this flag on a 4530s? There is any problem on doing it?

EDIT!

The fix above worked only once, I don't know why. I've FINALLY fixed the problem with this solution mentioned before:

The AHCI patch, included in the Installer, works just fine, but it's come kind of generic. You see, for some configuration in order for the OS to load correctly the IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext (located inside the IOAHCIFamily.kext), a certain loading delay should be added and this is done by patching this kext. The AHCI patch, included in the installer, uses a delay of 200 ms, which in the most cases is sufficient, but there are an exceptions, of course. My advice is to try the patch from its the original creator here, it was rewritten and now it has an option to set this delay manually. Maybe a bigger delay could solve your problem.
Good luck!

I've used 400ms delay and it worked. Four reboots and no problems.

For anyone with the same problem, try the above solution.

Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back