EVGA Geforce GTX 770 SC 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a 4530s model XU015UT#ABA with:
i3 2310m, HD 3000, 4GB DDR3 and F09 Bios.

I was on 10.8.0 with everything running fine, then I decided to update to 10.8.2.

As RehabMan said here, I've downloaded the 10.8.2 combo update and installed.

After that (before reboot), I installed the Mac OS X 10.8.2 kexts and the AHCI patch, with the Probook Installer 6 beta 7.

After rebooting, I was stuck at the apple logo, loading with a crossed circle on it.

Here is a picture showing what Verbose Mode says when it gets stuck: http://i.imgur.com/823Ya.jpg

RehabMan says that the "Still waiting for root device" problem can be solved with the AHCI Patch, which I've already installed.

I can only boot with the -x flag.

Already tried booting with -f , same problem.

What should I do to fix it?

Thanks everybody!

I was on 10.8.0 with everything running fine, then I decided to update to 10.8.2.

After that (before reboot), I installed the Mac OS X 10.8.2 kexts and the AHCI patch, with the Probook Installer 6 beta 7.

After rebooting, I was stuck at the apple logo, loading with a crossed circle on it.

Here is a picture showing what Verbose Mode says when it gets stuck: http://i.imgur.com/823Ya.jpg

RehabMan says that the "Still waiting for root device" problem can be solved with the AHCI Patch, which I've already installed.

Thanks everybody!

You can try patching the required kext manually:

-Boot with your UniBeast installation USB stick
-Open Terminal and enter the following commands (cut and paste from each line individually from here):

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv IOAHCIBlockStorage IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig
sudo cp IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\xbb\x4b\x00\x00\xeb\x03|\xbb\x4b\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\xb2\x91\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

-Close Terminal
-Reboot with hard drive.

Thanks for the help, but no luck, still having the same problem...

Somebody has any other ideas?

you might try to install this AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.

Thanks everybody!

The AHCI patch, included in the Installer, works just fine, but it's come kind of generic. You see, for some configuration in order for the OS to load correctly the IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext (located inside the IOAHCIFamily.kext), a certain loading delay should be added and this is done by patching this kext. The AHCI patch, included in the installer, uses a delay of 200 ms, which in the most cases is sufficient, but there are an exceptions, of course. My advice is to try the patch from its the original creator here, it was rewritten and now it has an option to set this delay manually. Maybe a bigger delay could solve your problem.
Good luck!

Tried both solutions, still having the same problem.

Maybe the problem is related to another kext?

Thanks

Tried both solutions, still having the same problem.

Maybe the problem is related to another kext?

Thanks

What delay over 200ms did you try?
Did you try booting with both -f and -v (ie. type "-f -v {enter}" at the Chimera boot screen).

Also another thing to consider, is that it is very likely the perl script patch cannot be used on anything but an unpatched IOAHCIBlockStorage. So, you should make sure you have the original in place before applying the patch, otherwise it may have no effect. I could be wrong on that, but certainly it was designed to patch the original, not patch one that was already patched, so better to be safe and always restore the original before patching.

And always use "-f" after running the patch, especially if you haven't had a chance to rebuild caches (because, otherwise, your kernel cache contains the previous cached version).

What delay over 200ms did you try?
Did you try booting with both -f and -v (ie. type "-f -v {enter}" at the Chimera boot screen).

Also another thing to consider, is that it is very likely the perl script patch cannot be used on anything but an unpatched IOAHCIBlockStorage. So, you should make sure you have the original in place before applying the patch, otherwise it may have no effect. I could be wrong on that, but certainly it was designed to patch the original, not patch one that was already patched, so better to be safe and always restore the original before patching.

And always use "-f" after running the patch, especially if you haven't had a chance to rebuild caches (because, otherwise, your kernel cache contains the previous cached version).

I've tried 400ms, with no luck.

Here is a picture with -v and -f: http://i.imgur.com/gIHJZ.jpg

After that, I've tried fixing the permissions and rebuilding the cache with Kext Wizard. Same problem.

I've tried 400ms, with no luck.

Here is a picture with -v and -f: http://i.imgur.com/gIHJZ.jpg

After that, I've tried fixing the permissions and rebuilding the cache with Kext Wizard. Same problem.

I think your problem is more serious than that. The SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload message usually appears when there is something wrong with the graphics kexts. Besides this, there are too many error messages in this log (which usually you shouldn't see). One of the messages is about the AirPortAtheros21.kext (part of the IO80211Family.kext), which shouldn't be loaded at all, I'm not even sure if this kext was removed from ML at any point. I think you should try with a fresh installation in another partition (or even maybe in the current).

I think your problem is more serious than that. The SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload message usually appears when there is something wrong with the graphics kexts. Besides this, there are too many error messages in this log (which usually you shouldn't see). One of the messages is about the AirPortAtheros21.kext (part of the IO80211Family.kext), which shouldn't be loaded at all, I'm not even sure if this kext was removed from ML at any point. I think you should try with a fresh installation in another partition (or even maybe in the current).

Ouch, this is really bad news for me.

In this case, can I make a new installation over this partition without formatting it? Or do I have to format and erase everything before installing it again?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back