Contribute
Register

Unable to access the BIOS (Gigabyte X58A-UDR3 MB - FF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very recently, my custom built Hackintosh setup (X58A-UDR3 rev2 / FF BIOS / 3.2 GHz Core i7 970) has not been able to access the BIOS by holding the DELETE key at boot up when instructed. Whenever I attempt to do so, the system cuts the power and reboots like a bad overclock setting was detected. Yet, no warning is displayed afterward like there usually would be in the case of a poor overclock setting...

Outside of that, the system seems unaffected. But now the system is running entirely under default BIOS settings with no way to adjust it.

Any ideas?

(If I remember correctly, this motherboard is supposed to have a secondary BIOS, but I don't recall how to access it or how it can be used to restore the primary BIOS to normal... assuming this even is a BIOS issue and not something else....)

Correction... it seems attempting to use *any* of the F-key commands or the delete key at boot results in the immediate shutdown and restart. I already swapped the keyboard to different usb ports, but no luck there....

*** SIGH ***

Nevermind.

I forgot that I'm using an APPLE keyboard, which incorrectly labels the backspace key as "delete", I forgot about the *real* "Delete" key that hangs out next to the "home/end/page up/page down" keys...

Of course the "insert" key is renamed "help" on this one, so that didn't help either... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back